When to know enough is enough.....

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys,

I've been on citalopram for 5 months now. I've perceived with it and gotten through the worst anxiety of my life. It has eased but it's still there and its getting to the point I just cant deal. I do mindfulness, meditation etc as well but the on constant edge is making it's way back. I know blips happen its been constant up and down. When do you know enough is enough and to try something else? Anyone had any success changing? or wish they hadn't.

Thanks x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi

i have recently just gone back on cit

was on for yrs it was grt

but last july anxiety hit me full blown panic

went to gp

and she switched me to sertraline and this didnt help either was on this 10 months now i am back on cit 10mg for now

i am suffering heart palps bad sleep tremours and dizzyness or off balance just dont know wat to do anymore either i feel so damn low

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

How you doing back on Cit? I was bad but not for this long last time. I know it takes months upon months to stabilise. But the all day symptoms just wear you down sometimes. we both know Cit works so hopefully we get back to that level 😃

I'm on 20mg, I dont want to go any higher as im in uni. funnily enough my anxiety is worse when im not at uni.

However, was talking to a friend today and I realised that although I feel anxious, on edge, sweaty, dizzy, jittery most of the time, I haven't had a panic attack in 3 weeks. I even went for tests in hospital today and I was fine. I have been doing hypnotherapy for the last 4 days as well as all the other techniques.

You just get worried in that frame of mind, when you're at the you cant take it anymore stage and you wonder how long to tolerate it for x

• Posted

hi

yeah its day 11 for me on 10mg cit

not sure if i am getting side effects from withdrawing from sert of starting on cit

i have a awful unbalanced feeling like my brain cant keep up with my eyes

its so hard to explain

maybe a better decription is a drunk feeling

i have ok days but also really s**t days and i feel so exhauseted and just crap tbh

i am hoping i will feel relief soon

yes ur right boug cit as we both been on it before but never felt like this

x

• Posted

Hi SJ/what dose are you on now.The time period of when enough is enough is certainly not there yet for you.You may find depending on what dose you are on going up a level,but do speak too your doctor first

• Posted

hey x

wanted to jump in !

ok so i have been on citalopram for just over 13 weeks now and mostly for anxiety ! i have been through the wars and back !

stay with us on the drug it does work but it works really slowly and will put you through every strength of anxiety ever then do it all again ! if you feel better then back down again then accept it it will pass and you will get well again ! i wouldnt up your dose yet ! stay on the dose you are on get loads of sleep and keep busy during the day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.