When to start moisturising

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had the plaster removed now, and today at physio, she asked me if I was using any cream on it yet, I said I wasn't she then said , did I have any, I said yes a normal body moisreriser,then she changed the subject and started talking about getting on the bike ect, so can I or can't I, ?  Any body no, I'm at 21/2 weeks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You need to wait till the wound has totally healed and all scabs have gonev
  • Posted

When the last scab has dropped off use either E45 cream or bio oil the latter is v good for the scar as well
  • Posted

Nothing with chemicals in but if wound is totally dry use bio oil or a good quality hydrating moisturiser . You could avoid the wound and just massage the muscles. If you've had stockings on moisturise both legs. I have just started doing my quads as well and it's really helping relieve stiffness
  • Posted

Use a good Vit E based oil or something of that nature that is absorbed and heal. Use nothing if there is any sign of drainage. Your body lotion isn't an alternative as it only helps the dermis and not the deep soft tissue. A pharmacist can assist you
  • Posted

I started using vitamin e oil at two weeks

I had no drainage and am now at 4 weeks and it looks great

I wish I could say the same for the pain and bend

I rubbed the oil right on top of the wound

Good luck

• Posted

You are still too early in the process to even being out of pain and having the flex you'll have down line. The way you are going the next 4 weeks will have you very close to your goal. Just don't get frustrated if you go past a point then finding the body making a I turn and having to repeat a phase. You may still be fiddling with this for a year before it's all over. A tremendous amount of damage was done and it all had to heal in due time
    • Posted

Thanks it is so comforting to hear from people who went through this

It is great to hear that there is a positive outcome to what I put my body through !!

• Posted

Thank every one for comments, , I did  have a drain, but that came out on day 3 . My wound has closed nicely , not even any little scabs now, just a new wound, but my whole knee is really really dry, going white dry,  I no with my other surgery's I wasn't aloud to moisturise  for six weeks, but a they weren't on a joint so not moving constantly, b , this is the first time I haven't had an infection of some kink, which really delays the healing process . That's why I don't really no what I'm to do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.