When to take fluconazole while on antibiotics?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had bronchitis a few months ago and the doctor put me on amoxcicillan which caused me to get a horrible yeast infection. It was MISERABLE. I ended up going back for the yeast infection and was given a fluconazole tablet which cleared up my symptoms.

Now, I have some sort of respiratory infection and I've been put on more antibiotics (for 10 days). I told them about the yeast infection from before so they prescribed me two tablets of fluconazole.

when should I take these in order to prevent another infection? The doctor did not specify. Should I take one at the start of the antibiotics and one when they're finished? One halfway through? I cannot bear to get another yeast infection like that.

Please help!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would take them only if symptoms began, or ask you're pharmacist. Hope you're feeling better soon.

• Posted

i always take one after anibiotics id recomend it if your prone to getting yeast infections after completing the course

• Posted

Take your time and space out the medication, you do not want to take the medication too close together, too far apart works against you. Ask your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.