When to take Sertraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Oh my goodness, it really makes no difference, I have tried to take my dose mid morning and then trialed taking before bed and does not change that I cannot sleep until around 2:30 or 3:30am and then it takes me a good hour to function waking up between 7:00-8:00am.

Any tips on this subject, would love to find a balance as there's only so much bed time reading/research a person can do when the rest of the house is sleeping!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Morning paul

How long have you been taking sertraline ? I also went though the same as u describe. But after getting to the correct dose for me and a good 8 weeks to find taking in the morning works well for me for sleeping at night . although it took at least 12 weeks at 75mg to find some relief from anxiety what you are going though are side effects that just need to settle .hope this helps .

Take care x

• Posted

Hi Nelly, been using 60mg since mid March (5 months) Tuesday just gone increased to 100mg by GP so started taking the 100mg at around 10 am just to try and see if it helps get more than the 3-4 hours sleep I have been getting.

Not so much a problem at the moment as I can have a mini nap in the day however looking to return to work in around six weeks so would like to get a little more sleep.

Thanks for you're reply

Paul

• Posted

I am really suffering with this anxiety i also at present signed off work . i brought a pillow witch has a headphone in which plugs into your phone and though you tube i played insomina music really low and kept it on all night i did find it helpfull.also music to aid sleep . you could give it a try as i was prepared to try anything .take care and keep in touch if u wish x
  • Posted

I had the same issue! You said in a reply to someone that you're on 100mg?? I'm on 200mg a day. I tried taking it in the morning, at night, middle of the day, every possible time period! What works for me, is taking half in the morning and half at night. It works really well and after months of sleepless nights, it's amazing! You could probably as your doctor to prescribe you your tablets in 50mg form or just break the 100mg in half. I hope this helps x

• Posted

Hi Sammy

Yes dose just been increased to 100mg, I will certainly try this method, sounds promising, thank you

• Posted

I've been on 50mg Sertraline for Six weeks, and I've always taken it around Six in the morning. I do work long hours and at times don't get home till 17:00 or 19:00, I do at times feel more tired than normal. But I do sleep well, and without difficulty.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.