When usual activities become milestones - attempting to show GH who's boss!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am not one to let GH bring me down or significantly change my lifestyle, if I can help it, but I had been cautious after my initial outbreak, as I wanted to strengthen my body and not risk another outbreak so soon.

However, the other night I partied with my regular partner in crime (one of two close gfs whom I have confided in), and decided to push the limits further.

Went out till 5am, danced for hours in tight/skinny jeans, got sweaty, drank my usual alcohol intake for the first time since (at least 3 spirits, 2 beers), smoked (I know, I know), and even made out with a guy (nothing more), and so far, so good, so fingers crossed!

I would never have given any of the above a second thought before, but GH really makes you question what's possible, and makes your usual activities become milestones, lol!

Anyway, while it's true that each of our bodies manages GH differently, just know that you can still more than likely be the same as before. smile This gives me much hope, and I hope it also helps others who are newly diagnosed and stressing out about what it means to have GH.

Can't wait to achieve other simple "milestones", lol!

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I don't know about others on here, but when you read about what can be outbreak triggers for some people, it makes you worry about what you can and cannot do, so I just thought I'd share a positive experience, even if it may not seem like much, lol.
  • Posted

Woohoo! love this. You go girl! 
    • Posted

Haha, thanks! smile it's definitely a relief to know that I can still go out, let my hair down and have the same ol' crazy fun without incurring an outbreak. Pretty sure it would have already happened by now, if I was going to have one, so I'm ready to put on my dancing shoes again later this week!
  • Posted

This is good news indeed!!!

You actually seem to be doing quite well since your OB

You might soon find that life post disgnosis might me not as different from pre diagnosis as you think (just that pesky disclosure bit)

How long has it been since your OB? Seems like a month or so? Hopefully you are going to find any subsequent stuff to be limited in frequency and intensity.

• Posted

Two months now, which is nothing in the grand scheme of things, but with each outbreak-free day after having not really changed my ways, I am hopeful I can keep this horrible business mostly at bay. I'm prepared for another outbreak, however, although I won't lie that I'll be disappointed when that happens, ugh. Pity GH can't just be the one outbreak!
  • Posted

Well done! I've had nearly for 6 months now and I go out clubbing drink quite a bit and also smoke socially! Also I forever wear tight jeans and gym clothes lol! Nothing seems to be triggering An outbreak I eat what I want too ... The only thing that seems to trigger my outbreaks are stress and worrying which I try not to do but end up stressing and worrying over trying not to do it! Silly right! ... I've currently got an OB now tho over worrying about a new job I've just started ... Not ideal 😩
    • Posted

Yes, these are the sort of stories I like and want to hear! People doing the things they're "not supposed" to do, lol, but who are nevertheless fine. That makes everything seem more possible. smile

Sorry to hear you're having an outbreak now, btw, and I hope you get over it soon, but six months is a pretty good run! That will be my goal. Or longer. Well, I can hope, at least, haha.

Hormones and stress don't seem to have bothered me yet. God, I'm hoping sex isn't my trigger, as that would totally suck, but that's on hold for now anyway, so I'm not going to worry about that until the time comes.

Anyway, good luck with the new job, recover quickly, and try not to stress about stressing!

• Posted

Fingers crossed will be over it soon! I've just started taking meds now which should last me for 6 weeks I think ... Hopefully fewer out breaks!

Thank you very much! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.