When will all the worry go away?

Posted , 5 users are following.

It's turned into a vicious cycle, I feel like I'm going to be doing this all my life. I seem to get better and the one thing triggers it off again. I don't want to live like this. I'm working with a counsellor but it hasn't helped in the slightest bit.

When will the suffering end?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, trust me it can feel like it will never end but it does! I'm on the road to recovery and am close. I've been on Prozac for almost a week and medication really does help!
    • Posted

Why not an anti depressant might be what you need i take citalopram and it worked like a charm for over a year now im working on increasing it because i was on the lowest dose and it wasnt doing the job anymore but i thought it would never end before and it did it just takes time.
    • Posted

Usually you would just set up an appointment with your doctor and get a referral to a psychiatrist. How old are you?
    • Posted

I honestly went to a psychiatric hospital because i didn't where else to turn but you can just schedule an appointment with a psychologist i suggest researching a few before settling because you want to make sure they listen to you.
    • Posted

I'm 15 so I'd have to go through Camhs, but I don't really want to go through that system again. It was one of the most horrible experiences in my life.
  • Posted

Hi Conor, please believe me when I tell you that you will get better, I know for now you can have days of feeling so beaten by it all and trust me I have had many days of sobbing in my room just praying for the anxiety to go away but it is a battle where we have to argue with our own brain. We have to tell ourself he triggers are nothing and keep fighting them off, everyday wake up and tell yourself today is going to be a good day, as hard as it may be, yea you will still have bad days, but those are the days you have to forget, only remember the good days, surround yourself in people you love, I hope you get more good days soon and break the cycle. 
    • Posted

Thanks Tiffany. I'm trying to work hard at that but it doesn't seem to be enough. I'm just feeling really hopeless at the minute. Thanks for your reply
    • Posted

I know, it can feel like it's never going to go away but it will, you're so young and your hormone levels are changing all the time, I'm only 19 myself but have done a lot of research as I am a biology student and one day you may find that it all just stops happening! you aren't ever going to be hopeless, there are always the happy days that have existed to hold onto, I really wish you luck in it all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.