When will I feel normal again?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’m 5 weeks post op from a total hysterectomy, bilateral ovary removal and a anterior/posterior vaginal repair. I’m still having to lie down a lot. If I sit or stand too long I have a lot of abdominal pain/pressure. Driving can be uncomfortable at times. I’m wondering when I will feel good enough to go back to work? Not sure if 8 weeks is enough time off. I’m also waking up with a dry mouth every morning (so weird must be hormonal). Having trouble falling asleep also. Anyone else having these symptoms and when did you start to feel normal again? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi lilpenny

You didn't say how old you are and whether you are post menopause? If you have had ovaries removed you will go straight into menopause. The sleepless nights and dry mouth may be hormone related. The repair surgery will take a while as you have had a lot done hun. I would say you have at least another move of healing before you feel more normal down there.I'm 11 wks ist tvh and anterior repair and I really have to take it really easy to allow healing. Rest is the key here and no bending,lifting anything heavier than a pint of milk.I'm being very cautious as I don't want to prolapse again . Some ladies op for her but I don't

Like them so op for natural healing. Any more questions just ask. Healing to youx

• Posted

Thanks for the advice. I’m 50 years old and I was a year into menopause before this surgery. I had night sweats but that was it. I’m on HRT now but I guess it takes a while for the body to adjust. 
  • Posted

Lilpenny.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re so uncomfortable. 

Yes. I’m experiencing a lot of discomfort myself. May I inquire to if you may be doing a little too much. If you’re driving, I’m only assuming that you may be walking too long or remaining active. It was only yesterday that I had a tongue lashing from my doctor chastising me for not following instructions. Instructions not to walk too much, use the stairs, lift, pull, push, clean or drive. 

I’ve now postponed my recovery from a possible 8 weeks to the possibility of 10 to 12 weeks. I’m entering my 3rd. week of post op. 

Keep your chin up and be patient with the much needed recovery time. Also speak with your doctors to inquire about what you’re experiencing.

biggrin)) Feel betterbiggrin))

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.