When will I get my stamina back

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi friends,

12 weeks post op yesterday and I'm walking well without aids, sleeping well and doing most things normally now, like shopping, housework etc.

Have just started bowling again - lawn bowls - and I'm taking it slowly but jeez, after a few ends I'm exhausted.   I managed 6 ends this afternoon but it whacked me out.  It's not exactly a high impact sport but it does take some stamina which I seem to lack.  I've been asked to make up a Ladies Triples team at the end of June which will be 18 or 21 ends.  So that's another month but not sure if I should commit to it or not.

I know some of you are back at work now and am wondering if you've all got your mojo back or are still finding things tiring.

When did you get your stamina back?

Cels Xxx

2 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm 5 months down the line and still find any extra exertions from everyday life knock me out. I am trying to counter this by eating well and drinking lots of water every day, but by 3pm, I have to have a little siesta otherwise I'm good for nothingness nothing.

I do still push myself and refuse to be beaten!

Next hip in August, so start all over again 😕

Gwen xx

• Posted

Oooh, good luck with hip #2 Gwen.  You'll get your mojo back and then lose it again.  Maybe I can borrow it for a while? lol

Cels Xx

• Posted

Hi Cels,

That's a brilliant idea! One mojo for the use of, being delivered in August.

I trust you to keep it in good condition 😉

Gwen xx

• Posted

I shall treat it with the utmost respect Gwen cheesygrin
  • Posted

Ha! The elusive mojo!!

I am 13 weeks today and my energy levels are really up and down.

Yesterday was my best day so far, but I did too much and then I took my kids swimming. I decided to push myself and did a few laps myself. Came home afterwards and went to bed straight after the kids without any dinner as I was just too exhausted! Don't worry, the kids ate something!

No way I could manage my 5 day a week job yet. Am negotiating a phased return but not sure how it will work yet.

If I feel bad I just remind myself how I felt a month ago, or a month before that, and I realise how much improvement there is every few weeks. I really take my hat off to those of you lovely hippies who have been through this 2 or 3 times!!

Basis x

• Posted

Very true Basia,

I couldn't even have attempted to bowl a month ago.  I'm just an impatient beggar redface

Xx

• Posted

Just jump in here basia you are 13 weekks post op the same as me have you had your 2 hips done like me? And you have a job that you have still to go back to like me? If you are on the same boat as me l wil be so hsppy as i was begining to think it was just me on here that had not went back to work because l am not ready.

Laura xx

• Posted

Still waiting for mine to return, 30 weeks post op, 20 weeks post revision rolleyes

Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

not too bad in the morning, going to work, but tired when I return
    • Posted

I reckon your mojo and mine must have gone on holiday together cheesygrin
  • Posted

I am going into my 6th week, I feel ok but still feeling sore.  Having phyysio.

It takes time, maybe a good tonic recommended by your pharmacy will help.  I do think our bodies take a knock.  Good to have a blood test to check your hemoglobin.  I had to have a blood transfusion when I was in hospital as I felt dreadful.  They did a test and found it to be sitting at 7.2 when it should be about 12.5 for my age.  Basically it is a major lack of iron.  Ask doctor to check iron levels.  He can can this by just pricking your finger that should show up if you are anaemic.  Low iron can make you so tired.  Fantastic that you are back at your bowls!

• Posted

I've had my blood tested Patricia.  It's s routine thing for me because of other health problems, everything is fine.  I don't lack energy as such, just the stamina to sustain anything physical.

Yay, great to be back bowling.  Can't wait to get back into games and competitions but it won't be for a while.  

Cels Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.