When will I get strength in calf back?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I ruptured my Achilles 10 weeks ago.Non surgery.Was in cast for 7 weeks. Been in boot for 4,another 2 weeks out of boot and 2nd physio.Ive been fully weight bearing for 3-4 weeks.Walking about house in shoes.I can stand on bad foot itself.The problem is it seems that it's not gaining any strength,it just feels the same every day.Just  a numb stiffness,no where near standing on my toes.Am I doing too much?Will things progress?.

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It's been 9 months for me and I cannot do calf raises or get up on my toes AT ALL yet! The exercises for improving this issue are very painful to me as well.

• Posted

Hi Donna,

Just curious, did you have surgery or

went the non-surgical path ?

Neil

• Posted

I thought that you may have gone non surgical. From what I have read, a non-surgical treatment lengthens the tendon, as scar tissue grows between the two ends to reattach. In my limited opinion, I would think that this would make it harder to do toe raises, as the tendon (and ability to contract), is now longer, stretched, and less able to do its work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.