when will i have my period??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello smile I know I'm too young to be on a website like this but can you please help me? I am a 12 year old girl I am in high school and I haven't started my period yet. I've started to get hair in areas during puperty I get cramps and headachs. I have a pain in my right over before, then in my left and now in my right again. I've never had sex. Please can you tell me I am really worried....... Also in school I had a needle for cervix cancer in the womb. Please can I have your answers ASAP

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Women get their periods at all different ages. Pretty much anytime by age 16 years old is normal to get your period. It can start out as a normal period, or it can start out with brown blood, which is basically your body getting rid of old blood. There is no way to know when your period will start, or how soon (or late) it will start. Worrying about it only delays it even more (as is the case with extreme stress). Don't worry, and let it happen when it happens. 
  • Posted

The injection that you had at school was a vaccination against human papiloma virus which is responsible for about 9o% of all cancers of the cervix.  This means it's

practically impossible for you to get this type of cancer.  As other's have said it's perfectly normal for you to not have periods yet.  I think you should try and get the courage to talk to your mum.  The pains you are getting could be a number of things.  It's probably worth a trip to see your GP to reassure you.  It's quite common to get all sorts of health anxieties at your age.  So don't read too much into what you see written online.  Just rely on real people in your life who you can trust, hopefully this will be your parents and your GP.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.