When will I have the full effect from mirtazapine??

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been on mirtazapine for nearly a month now started on 15 mg for 2 weeks now on 30mg which I've been on for nearly 2 weeks I have noticed a difference abit in my mood but still quite anxious when will it go I've had a rough few months since having my youngest daughter nearly 9 months ago any feedback will be great thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amelia. It's good that your mood is getting better. I had pnd years ago. I know how hard it is. Sometimes it takes a bit of time for an anti depressant to work and everybody is different. Mirtazapine hasn't really worked for me at the moment but it sounds like it's starting to work for you which is great. 
    • Posted

Yeah it has been really difficult but think I'm finally getting sumwhere!! Sorry to hear the medication hasn't been working for you yet how long have u been on them for? I no they all take time to work and that everyone is different, I'm such a negative person too that's two people that have replied saying they haven't worked for them I do hope I start feeling much better because it's been horrible! Thank you for your reply smile 
  • Posted

Good luck Amelia hope it works for you, it didnt for me either, it gave me panic attacks I never had before, but surely it must work for somone so keep positive !
    • Posted

Aww I'm sorry it hasn't work for u either how long was u on them for ? It's a rough ride on anti depressants but I do think these ones are great! U can have things to help with the panic attacks while your in the early stages if medication thanks for your reply smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.