When will it end!!! Argh i hate this!!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ive done So well the past few months and now after an ectopic pregnancy 3 weeks ago i can feel the old anxiety coming back !!! With 4 children and a very unsupportive mum and partner i just dont know how im going to get through this flare up again!!! I cant take my children to school i dont want to be alone atall 2mg diazepam a day is doing nothing . The only thing i have found that really calms the anxiety and nervousness is a cup of ovaltine strange yes but its packed full of vitamins and minerals maybe thats why it seems to help?? But to be honest i cant drink that all day everyday can i... I need to tackle this anxiety again .. How do i ignore the negative thoughts the worrys that i have some kind of terminal illness?? Health anxiety sucks and i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy!!! It doesnt help that the day i found my ectopic pregnancy my mums partner was diagnosed with eosophgeal cancer , So thats a worry then with my dad dying suddenly last year i have the memories fresh in my mind.. CBT did nothing apart from make me more anxious!!! This is one vicious circle i want out of but how?? Im totally lost , stuck , back to googling.. Please someone give me some advice or ways to cope xx

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi stacey,

I understand how you feel. me too struggling with health anxiety for 6 mths now..lots of symptoms i cant believe caused by anxiety and constantly doubting my health..im petrified to be on my own i constantly seek company from pretty much anyone i can find..i have a 18 mths old son and it breaks my heart to think if anything happen to me than what will happen to him..i have muscle tension everywhere mainly my neck,back and shoulders..and i have soreness in my chest everyday i wake up from sleep..im scared to eat and drink thinking it will trigger a heart attack..thats my main health concern,my heart!!been to 5 docs i think so far..did ecg with 2 of them..the rest normal routine check..did blood test and urine came clear..blood pressure always perfect..docs tell me its anxiety..dont worry i know its hard to fight it alone but take it as a positive push to fight it and be stronger for your kids..for yourself..i have quite a good support system..but everyone have their own life at the end of the day i can expect them to be with me 24/7 for reassurance..my husband is the sole breadwinner for our family so he works long hours to support me and our son so i probably will get to spend time with him a few hours a day..when he's around i get assurance everything will be okey..but when he's at work i will have to fight it myself..i lost alot of weight ever since this anxiety..im 23 by the way..according to doc im in a pink of health..

• Posted

I have all of the symptoms you described! And what makes it worse is being told by doctors it's just anxiety when you feel deep down like it can't possibly be, that it must be something severe.
  • Posted

Feel for you chick it must be very hard at the moment!

But just remember that you've gotten through it before so you can certainly do it again smile I have flare ups but try and think positive think about Xmas and how you can make it great for you and your children.

Try and keep busy it'll keep your mind at ease and maybe just have small ovaltine so you can have a few a day!!

I hope you get better soon you can do it you've done it before smile xx

• Posted

I'm the same, I hate being alone, ill do anything to be around people, I'm getting better though, I'm on medication now, 4 weeks now.

Are you on any meds?

• Posted

So nice to hear from u all it really does (in a strange way) Make u feel better and realise that actually you are not the only one going through it . I have 4 children 6,5,2 & 1 im 28 . My suppory network is near enough non existant i feel as if they think im carrying the anxiety on because i enjoy the attention (not that i even get any) Im told to grow up , get over my self or get sectioned on a regular basis so i feel so alone. And yup i have got through it before and know i will again its just while you have the flare up anything and everything goes through your mind and u feel as if its never going to end . Im only on 2mg diazepam a day 1mg in the morning and 1mg about 5pm. I tried anti depressants but stopped then as they were not helping and i said to myself that if i was going to beat the anxiety i woulf do it with willpower and trial and error , if i had my way i would have been off the diazepam months ago bur as ive been taking them for a year the dr. wants me to wean off them . Maybe we can all support each other through this? x
  • Posted

Do breathing and meditation techniques. Wear a rubber band around your wrist and every time you think a bad thought snap it. Say to yourself, STOP! Cancel! Breathe in through your nose deeply and exhale. Do this 10 times. Replace negative thoughts with positive ones. What are some good things going on in your life? Are you still able to walk, breathe fresh air? I bet you have beautiful children, give yourself daily affirmations. You are beautiful, smart and intelligent. You are not the health problem. This does not define you. I also encourage you to read, get a massage, do something for you. Get rid of the toxic people and thoughts and feelings. You are here today. Think positive. Your kids need you.
  • Posted

I understand how you feel. My Mom doesn't understand that with agoraphobia you don't/can't go out to work. I just can't and I don't know how to get it across to her. I keep a worry rock and a few choice items to keep with me at all times and that helps calm me. I also head coloring a picture helps distract you from your anxiety. Hope it helps a bit. Praying all people with invisible illnesses like anxiety and phobia's overcome it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.