when will it get better

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been terrible for a while now so went to doctors and got prescribed 20mg citalopram been on them 4 weeks now and no change still get attacks , just want to know if it gets better , I went into a store that I avoided for a while and still had a panic attack got all hot in the face but managed it but still scares me , it makes you feel so lonely like you are the only person with this illness and starting to make me think it won't get better, I just want to be able to go into a store with family or friends and enjoy myself and be happy I'm always just thinking of a way of escaping sad

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Drugs are NOT a cure. They just lower your symptoms. You need to do some sort of therapy, try reading up about CBT
  • Posted

Hi Kimberley, I too suffer with Anxiety! Not nice,but I have suffered since I was a child! This wasn't helped by my two late parents being Alcoholic s! Then being pushed out to an all girls boarding school,miles from home.Now I am a carer for my disabled Hubby.OK I am on beta blockers(propranalol 80 mg twice a day.I also have rescue remedy..I also have Reflexology and Jacuzzi's as I am getting over a hip replacement, which has not been easy.Aromatherapy is also wonderful for stress.Do you have anyone that you can trust? This is so important. Anyway hope this helps. Regards Amanda
  • Posted

Hi Kimberley, I was on them too but they didn't really help me much either. I then got put on sertaline and this seemed to help more. Maybe ask your doctor about that? Recently I've been drinking chamomile tea and doing a bit of yoga from YouTube videos. They have helped calm my panic attacks a bit, maybe you could try?
  • Posted

Thanks everyone for your replies it's good to hear other people are going through this , I have a loving boyfriend who helps as much as he can but good to talk to people who understand what it is , I just constantly feel like I'm never gonna get past it also got diagnosed with labrinthitis 2 days ago aswell so on prochlorperazine for that , I would try therapy but even going to the doctors is a struggle for me it's hard to control your mind , it make you feel so silly when you see everyone else doing tasks like this so easy x
  • Posted

Maybe this medication is not right for you. I think you should see your doctor and let him know that it isn't quite working for you.
    • Posted

Yeah well I looked online and some people say to keep going with it cause sometimes it can take months , I just wish it was easier x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.