When will sleep improve

Posted , 5 users are following.

I know I may of asked this to you guys before but I have made it to my second week today.  Nausea and loss of appetite is slowly going away.  My mood seems better, I have more energy except for the morning that is the toughest.  My doctor said she would like for me to take it at night but I find Zoloft to be stimulating so I take it in the morning.  The last few nights have been broken sleep.  I wake every couple hours.  I don't want to have to do low dose klonopin but the doctor says it is ok for sleep only.  I am not sure if maybe doing 1mg melatonin. I would rather take nothing.  Most people I have heard say two weeks and the sleep should improve?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My sleep has not been disrupted on 50mg Sert, in fact I sleep more soundly if anything, and definitely have more vivid dreams. 

I have always taken my med in the morning. 

Not sure about mixing Melatonin with Sert, you would be best to ask a qualified Pharmacist about that combination ? 

• Posted

I guess that depends on the person, I’m on 50mg for close to 8 weeks now and the last side effect I’m still having is insomnia. I’m probably getting 3-4 hours of sleep a night, I know it gets better but it’s one side effect that usually happens after you’ve been on sertraline for a few weeks at least that’s the way it went for me. My sleep was fine the first 2-3 weeks and after that it’s been pretty bad to say the least.
    • Posted

Do you take zoloft at night? How come in the beginning your sleep was good now it's not?

• Posted

Hey there,

I really feel for you. I’m on week 7 and have only just come completely off sleeping tabs. I don’t fall asleep til 5am but do sleep for 5 hours which is enough at the moment and way better than the first 4 weeks. I do take a phenergan which is an otc antihistamine and that helps. 

• Posted

I do take clonazepam (klonopin) at night and right before bed, I also take some melatonine. My Dr said it was ok to do so. It seems to help.

• Posted

Forgot how long have you been on Zoloft? Eventually you should not need the klonopin and melatonin once zoloft kicks in
    • Posted

I know. Ive been put on klonopin but my previous Dr a year ago. Tried hard to never go on too high dose. But I took it every day. When zoloft will kick like ypu say, I will definitly try to taper et stop that. Dont like the fact of beeing on a benzo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.