When will the swelling go down

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies

It's just been over two weeks after lap total hysterectomy . Was just wondering , iv been moving about fine but when I do , very light things I seem to find my tummy / abdominal seems to bloat up / swell ? Is this normal and wondered if anyone else experienced this ? Also I have not had any bleeding at all ! Very small discharge when iv been to the loo but thats it . Still feeling some pain on my left side too but am sure that's to be expected as bowels still not not working properly

Xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I found I had trapped wind for some time. Lots of water helps.

Think pain carried on whilst insides heal.

Try eating foodstuffs that help with digestion.

Soups are good for you and filling.

Coffee is good too. OJ.

• Posted

Thanks hun , I am probably trying to run before I walk lol

I shall try the above thanks so much

Xx

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I am 2 weeks post total lap hysterectomy too. If I move about too quickly or do too much then my tummy feels tighter and more tender. I also feel more tender if Ive not been to the toilet, so I take Laxido to make sure I go regular.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, I am 9 weeks post LAVH and still have swollen belly, it can take months before it goes completely, I asked my consultant at my 6 weeks check and it is your bodys way of protecting itself, mine happens if I do too much or if I lift something a little too heavy, it's the same sort of thing if you sprain your ankle and it swells up, the fluid protects the injury....or something like that.

• Posted

Hi i had total hysterectomy in june last year cut across my tummy and my belly is still swelling everyday 😞
    • Posted

Hi bev, i am 3 weeks post op total hysterectomy. Did you get tightness and burning pain around your scar when moving ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.