When will this end?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone get it when everyday at some point they feel sick? I have etemophobia (fear of being sick) which ive had all sorts of councelling for and im loads better but for example today im fine but after i ate i come over all funny like i was going to be sick? Im never ill but i caught my first sickness bug last month in 10 years!!! So now im like woww what if i get another one? My main fear is when im in a situation i cant control like work my boss is an ass so i cant just leave if i need to.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Beth

I admit i have never heard of this etemophobia, but it certainly sounds related to Anxiety , where we always tend to believe the worse as our heads and minds tell us we are seriously ill.

I actually unlike yourself have complex health issues that are pretty serious and heading towardfs terminal if i am not careful so I am always anxious to know how to deal and prioritize each individual problem.

I am actually off to my HIV Clinic in 20 minutes for more bad news.

The wow bit you mention is all about fear and dealing with the games you mind is playing on you and causing you to become so anxious and paraniod that you will in fact become reallyu sick.

I can suggest instead of reseaching the answers in the way you are seeking answers ,can I suggest you start by researching how to deal with fear .

And learn to understand what is truth and what is lies.

This to me would give you some solid grounding to then investigate ways and methods that can work when these thoughts -fears and lies start occuring enough to make you feel like you want to throw up after eating.

That initeslf is very much a side effect for many with anxiety.

I recently had like 10 straight days where everytime i went to eat I would put the food back down as I could feel the lump in my asophygas and I too just couldnt bare the thought of food, when I really neeed to be eating due to my low weight being just 54 kgs.

and when you asre in those situations at work , maybe try the spiritual prayer that is used in AA meetings ect.

God , GRANT me the SERENITY to ACCEPT the things I cannot change , COURAGE to ACCEPT the things I can and WISDOM to know the difference.

As we have no control over a lot of how others behave towards us and I often find myself saying this prayer when I am not coping with another persons who is being a right dick.

I had counselling for 2 years for my depression and then the anxiety started due to my home issues and an ongoing 3 year bitter fight against the Housing Association landlord.

Which is now at a major curve as I have been dragged through the courts as the landlord just wants rid of me as they couldnt cope with the amount of complaining i was doing due to my anxiety levels and thier lack of making tenants lives easier to manage and giving no support.

They lableled me a Vexatious tenant and then have been filing months of my "vexatious Complaints" against them and its taken a massive worse turn as we (my carer and I ) no chance to beat them in court and we lost the case for housing outright

The balliffs arrive at 12 noon next week and i couldnt be more unprepared due to my health and financial state.

It really could be are are both left out on the street.

The amount of distress and worry I should be with (i have had months of it and become really unwell in my physical self) and was fighting for my life last November.

So to put it midly for you my daer there is so much hOPE to overcome what you have shared , its just in the knowing of how to approach the issues in a posative and enlightening ways that can be constructve and kept at bay in your life

We all deserve a fulfilling life and I wish this is all yours too.

This is am immmensley amazing forum I truly recomend you stick with us here as for me this is my therapy and counselling from so many unique and equipped people who really know what they are talking about.

Hugs

PJ

• Posted

Hi PJ

Thank you for your comment. I really hope things get better for you soon.

Bestof luck

• Posted

Hi Beth. Are you actually ever sick? Or is this just etemophobia? This can be caused by anxiety. I remember when I was first diagnosed with anxiety - many years ago now - I used to feel sick if I had to do anything which exceeded my comfort zone. What support have you had? Counselling for instance. It's all very well having a diagnosis but you need help to control or overcome your problem. If you haven't done so recently I suggest you consult your GP and see what he can do to help relieve these symptoms. Sometimes symptoms/diagnosis are not taken seriously enough so you need to push your GP for help. Best of luck and let us know how you get on.
    • Posted

Hi Gwen

No i am never sick. I was only sick last month due to a bug. I have had counselling which as helped me immensly but i still get the instrusive thoughts. I find talking about it helps me more than anything i like to discuss why i feel like this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.