When will this end

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am getting tired of being in menopause the sleeping problems, the nose bleeds, the stomach issues when will this end. I can't take it any more i am tired of this just been crying and everything just want this nightmare to endcry

I just want to have a good night sleep tired of not sleeping to good at night tired of these stupid nose bleeds from the left nostril, tired of these stomach issues 

I can't take it any more 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Poor you, I totally empathise. I too am sick of all the niggles, some big, some just an irritation. Dread social gatherings, put on so much weight, thyroid problems, feel like Ive aged 20 years. It is the worst time of life. Bad enough getting old, but hideous to compound it with our bodies spiralling out of control. Im now in menopause, and a lot of the symptoms have subsided, but there is not a day goes by when I dont have something that causes me pain, discomfort or gets me feeling low. I had asked my doc about HRT, and she said she knows someone needs it when they feel they have had enough. Please go back to your gp and say how awful you feel. Sometimes you just need to pop these pills. Most of all, know you are not alone. Hey, having a flush now. I have a kingsize bed arriving tomorrow, so I can get a better sleep! Xx
    • Posted

Thank you i am going to go back on the provera my Gyno said it was fine but my medical doctor wants me to wait until i have that ultra sound to make sure the ovarian cyst are okay and not in jeporday 

• Posted

Hi Susan,

Im with you on the tired probs, nose bleeds Id be worried is this normal? In the passed Ive heard of it in kids cant remember what the cause was might have been overheating not sure. I too have had been experiencing too many p.meno symptoms, bad memory being one of them. Every now & then I do have a window of what I think Iife use to be like only to be struck down with sudden sadness, tum cramps , over eating. It doesnt help to say your not alone but its reassuring that there are alot of us understanding (cos we are feeling/experiencing similar changes)women who are where you are now or have been through it. 

I just had to reply because I totally sympothise, now Im going to my todays misery out there.

I certainly found it ,if only a weeny bit helpful on some days that someone in this world has read of my plight & taken the time to acknowledge.

• Posted

Thank you. Yes nose bleeds can happen in perimenopause due to dryness or infections or my c-pap could be causing it to be to moist to where it bleeds
  • Posted

hi Susan. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I haven't been diagnosed with perimenopause but I'm sure I'm going through it. It started with night sweats and sleep problems over 12 months ago. Sometimes I get so tired I just want to cry and I'd give anything to sleep through. Have you tried anything that helps? I've removed all my clocks from the bedroom so I don't wake and check the time every time I wake as that just makes me worse. 
    • Posted

No but i turn everything off and listen to a relaxation music to help me relax and sleep sometimes it helps then other times it doesn't help
  • Posted

Susan, I'm so sorry this is so uncomfortable.  Please remember that menopause is the complete and permanent loss of our sex steroids, estogen, progesterone and testosterone.  It isn't anything that you "get over".  It is a new and different life.  (Usually not one we like or feel comfortable with.) The loss of this endocrine system, effects and changes all the others. There are receptors in every part of our bodies, from our heads to our toes.  

It does make sense to talk to your doctor.  If some HRT might help you feel better and more normal, it's certainly worth a try.     

• Posted

I am going to go back on the progesterone pill again the provera the estrogen i might wait on
    • Posted

I don't understand your choice - progesterone is the most problematic and is an estrogen antagonist.  However, if you are still perimenopause, perhaps progesterone is your lowest hormone level.

I have seen claims that progesterone does all that oestrogen does, but that is not its job.

While I take a small amount of provera with my oestrogen mainly to prevent activation of endometriosis, I am considering not taking it anymore because of its anti oestrogen qualities.  After 25 years, I am hoping my endometriosis has dried up by now.  Besides, my endocrinologist made a frowning face about my use of provera.

My gp, accidently, I found out later, doubled my dose of provera and while I tried it, quickly went back to my normal dose because I got the anti oestrogen 'messages'.  My endocrinologist said it was good that I did that.

I am going to try pregnenolone to enhance my oestrogen instead with the unofficial blessing of my endocrinologist.

• Posted

What is oestrogen is that the estrogen in your body. When your progesterone is low and estrogen level is low can your body feel cold it seems like i am cold lately with nose bleeds, not sleeping to well and just a lot of stomach issues 
    • Posted

Oestrogen is the most important hormone for us females.  When your ovaries stop working, no more oestrogen - this causes all the menopause issues.  Ask for oestradiol patches or daily gel, if you are at that point.  (Oestradiol is bio-identical and I would not use anything else.) Without re reading all your posts, I don't know if you have had hormone blood tests - which can be tricky anyway because it depends on time of month if you are still perimenopause.

Feeling too hot and sometimes feeling too cold (usually related to thyroid though) are symptoms.  I have haemochromatosis too.  The symptoms of this is very similar to menopause.  It reduces your oestrogen levels as well, and can cause early menopause.  I blame my 'icing' that I sometimes feel, on the haemochromatosis.  It can feel like a blizzard is blowing through my body and icing me up.  With haemochromatosis, iron gets into the hypothalamus which among other things, regulates your temperature.

Nose bleeds, not sleeping well and stomach issues are all symptoms of haemochromatosis too!!!!

When I use the term, having an 'ice' attack is not good to say these days, given the drug 'ice'.  People might get confused :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.