When you have a migraine, do you.....?

Posted , 3 users are following.

What do you do when you have a migraine?

Personally when one hits I go have a nap for a couple of hours with a bowl by my bed. But I get the impression that some simply ride it out.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I usually have an aura so I can take medicine and lay down. I'm fixing to start preventive medicine. I hope it keeps them at bay

• Posted

Hello

I take a Rizatriptan 10 mg ODT on the onset of a headache to stop it from forming into a migraine.  I try to close my eyes and lay down if I can. Sometimes I will also take a nausea medication with the Rizatriptan.  The key is to take the Rizatriptan right when you just feel like you are getting headache.  This has worked so well for me and has kept me out of the ER.....such a relief.

if you cannot get the Rizatriptan then there is over the counter Excedrine Migraine but try to get Rizatriptan.

hope this helps....it sure helps me.

wendy

• Posted

When I start feeling my mind great come on I usually drink a Coca-Cola. That way it suits my stomach and usually worked it off. If I noticed that is getting worse after I have Coca-Cola I take one Excedrin and one 325 milligrams of acetaminophen. When I catch it early that's usually all I need.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.