When you have to be the strong one...

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi people, this situation isn't funny. my husband will lose his jobs in 3 weeks. fact. i have been ill for years and that's true. i have recently discovered i am a coeliac sufferer so am trying to adjust. my health is poor, it will get better but can take up to 5 years! my husband applied for a job recently, he has worked there for 18 months to be stitched by 1 person. this is no joke he's exceptionally down and depressed. question: how do i support him? i feel ugh today, i suffer with terrible sinus infections and my face and head are really sore. so how do i do this without getting ill? please this is no joke. ill health sets my depression off. both of us depressed? dreadful!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam - convince him to seek medical help, see the doc, be assessed, etc. A psychologist, counsellor or therapist can help him move through the disappointment. Are there no avenues for him to address the betrayal by that person who stitched him up?

• Posted

hi wayne, he luckily seeing his counsellor tomorrow. i have said he must. thank you for your xoncern.

• Posted

SAM, IM SO SORRY FOR YOUR SITUATION. TAKE SOME COMFORT THAT YOU BOTH HAVE EACH OTHER TO LEAN ON. THAT MAY NOT SOUND LIKE MUCH, BUT ITS A BIG DEAL WHEN YOU'RE ALONE. ALSO KNOW THE LORD JESUS IS WITH YOU DURING THIS STRUGGLE. HE LOVES YOU BOTH AND WANTS YOU TO BE COMFORTED BY HIS PRESENCE IN YOUR LIFE. I AM ALONE, SO MY BIBLE & PRAYER HAVE HELPED ME A LOT. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU MY FRIEND. BLESSINGS TO YOU BOTH.

• Posted

hi anne, i pray daily for different things, i was bought up catholic so know how powerful prayer is. luckily he saw his counsellor and she waa able to help him but thank you for your response.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.