When you hit rock bottom...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Snap! I can't take any more. Rock bottom counts as I'm going to jump? I feel really vulnerable today. My life unravels at times completely, today being one of them. My health has stopped me accessing my counsellor. Physically I don't think you can get any worse. Can I or am within my rights to see my doctor and mention how crap my physical health is affecting my mental. How am I expecting to heal when I keep missing my sessions with my counsellor. What would you all do? Pleased help this is serious as my counselling is for assault.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sam

You need to attend your Sessions, I do not know the reasons for your diagnosis, all I will say you need to be able to move on and your Sessions will hopefully help you given time.

We are all allowed and expected to make GP appointments when life is a problem we cannot control, so your GP MAY expect you to agree to attend CBT etc, it would be sad for you if you balked fully and decided you do not need help when it sounds like you are so unhappy. Let both CPN and GP help you your problem is very raw and it will take time and understanding to make you feel better

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob. I can understand what you're saying. It's not me saying no to the help, but can't go whilst my health physically keeps unravelling! I have insisted to the doctors that I see someone to get to the bottom of this. I have Askef for help for years, I need to find out what this is. Once and for all. If you know what it is say please day.

• Posted

I think is good if you have something to keep you occupied so that it will help you to keep away from what had happened to you, that is what I am doing now and it work. You can try it out 
    • Posted

Hi Stella, luckily I am going to a place called LOROS on Monday to help with a new venture. I sometimes am guilty of doing so much I don't sort anything out for me, I find my counsellor extremely useful and feel that this is helping me the most, if only I didn't keep getting I'll and can't get there, which isn't useful!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.