When you just want to scream !!

Posted , 7 users are following.

i havnt posted in a long while. ive been off work goin 2 months now after a medcine change .

i 'm having a run of when i'm starting to feel a bit better i get side swept by another pain/ Symptom.

My question is at what point do you just say i have to go back and just deal with the pain day in and day out or do i wait until it has eased off some more.

ive changed gp's, taking out private medical sure as the nhs list is just getting beyond belief

thanks to anyone who reads and replies ❤️

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yesterday made a whole year I have been not working. I had to quit my job and quit school Nov. 7 of last year. I completely feel your pain. Im fortunate to have an understanding and caring husband who supports me emotionally and financially. Im in so much pain everyday that I could not possibly think about going back to work. And I sympathize for those who have no choice. I have so many other symptoms though aside from the severe muscle pain all over. Dizziness, vertigo, feeling faint to the point I have to pull over when driving. Vomiting, diarrhea, gastrointestinal and esophageal issues. Its been a nightmare!! And im pleading for my life! 😔 I hope you get better.

• Posted

hi Amanda,

what medications are you taking? I had to stop taking my meds because I started getting headaches, dizziness and anxiety. I also have sciatic nerve damage from hip surgery.

thanks Jackie

• Posted

thanks amanda. i changed jobs last year from being a teaching assistant to working in a severe learning and educational disability school doing speech therapy.

like you its just not the fibro theres other things contributing 😦

i still live at home but have a long term boyfriend and we have been trying to save to buy a house. my family and partner are amazing i would be lost without them.

you know how it is feeling like you should be in work but not Physically or mentally able and its driving me crazy!

i would just a good run of things instead of this hell!

i hope you get some relief to soon,

xx

• Posted

I have to work. I am a contractor so I don't get paid if I don't work. I was also widowed 12 years ago so there is just me to provide a roof for my family. There are days when all I want to do is stay in bed and sleep but I cannot give in. To be fair I don't suffer anything like as badly as some people, but I also take a lot of painkillers. I take 80mg of Duloxetine daily and top up with Paracetomol-dihydrocodeine when I need to, but I try not to top up every day. If I can manage 4-5 hours sleep per night I can cope, although I'm struggling at the moment as my blood pressure is sky high and I can't bring it down. I have many other health issues too but I just have to get on with it.

• Posted

i know its really not fair.

sorry to hear u were widowed im sure that sent h back even more

and people just dont get it sometimes

hope a change is coming soon

x

• Posted

Thank you . It is possible that the trauma of the fall out of my husband's passing was the trigger for Fibro - the timing is about right. This year has to be a good year.

• Posted

I have had both Polymyalgia and Fibromyalgia for near on ten

years.

I can't even think of working.

I have today taken my allocated number of pills and don't want to take any more. It is 3:30 AM. I can't sleep because of a bad headache and a bunch of other pain. If I were to lie down for

one hour I would be frozen with pain. I sleep with water and Oxycontin on my

side table. We recently had a heat wave for about 2 weeks. 40 C or roughly 100

Fahrenheit. The heat put me down like a rabid dog and I don't expect to be

recovered for another week.

My story if I were to go on would be similar to most suffers. What I would like to know is, "Does this syndrome get worse over time." "Do most people get accustomed to the pain or does everyone

have declining health."

When you have the same pain day in and day out for a week or

more it becomes too difficult to handle.

I think I need a gun.

• Posted

please dont say u need a gun or ill come and find u lol

i find its the mental health side too that makes things even harder as u dont want people to judge

in regards to worsing or progressing i think ive gotten worse. here in the uk the nhs arnt pushing things like this for research and cures

as of now im just home from my grannys funeral and im in a wee ball of pain

hope ur ok

• Posted

Thanks for the happy reply.

I believe you are right. The Black Dog has got me and making things a little worse than it is. It is now 10:30 AM and have just taken my first pain killer for the day. My aim is for 2 or 3 pills.

The weather is fantastic at the moment so that is helping a lot. I used to have a good routine but it went haywire during a heat wave. I hope to get back to that routing within the next two weeks.

But it still hurts unless I take pills. I must get rid of the pills or they will do me harm.

Regards from

Down Under.

• Posted

I'm 23 years with Fibro, and 3 or 4ish with PMR. Fibro did not change much over all those years. It was fairly predictable after awhile , about how much I could do , before I pushed past the bearable pain level. It took about a year to mentally accept what I had. I had to change my lifestyle to stay sane. I learned to live with it. Then......3 or 4 years ago, health deteriorated again and PMR struck with a vengeance. I have now survived a few years with both. I did have to go on antidepressants. Don't pray for rain, Rainlover ! I have just discovered how much that affects me ! I live down under and across the ditch. It is either humid here (I suffer in summer) and it usually rains here often, all year. We have just had our longest dry spell - and I had my best spell ever!!!!!!! A day before the dry spell broke, I had a horrible day, then rain set in and I still havn't bounced back. I have finally accepted that humidity/wet weather are not good for the body.

It is difficult to know which problem is flaring up when you have both, then to figure out how to deal with it. I took on the mindset years ago, that life was telling me, to slow down and treat myself. I did. Mentally I don't think I would have coped otherwise. I have to keep my mind busy too which helps.

I do hope you get on top of it. Our theme song should be "always look on the bright side of life". I do have to hum it to myself sometimes.

• Posted

It is interesting that you said you are getting new conditions as time goes by.

The same has happened to me. I have a typed list of problems from my Doctor if anyone asks about my problems. There are too many for me to remember.

Last week I went to the Doctor who said I would not like the latest news. I have cancer on my nose which requires a plastic surgeon. I said very little so the Doctor ask why I was not more upset.

I figured it wasn't going to kill me, just eat my nose away if I don't do something. To me it is just another problem to attack.

I haven't worked in years. All I do is try to live as best I can.

• Posted

I think I posted in the wrong place.

Any Ideas on how to delete this and try again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.