Where are YOU?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Can we please, if you don't mind, post your location? State and city, State of treatment??

I'm in Louisiana, 2 surgeries in New Orleans, LA at UMC and getting MRI and seeing Neuro Surgeon at West Jefferson Medical Center tomorrow to discuss further options....

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm from Vancouver, BC.  What were your two surgeries? I had one failed MVD, done here in Vancouver and not yet ready to entertain another procedure myself but would be interested to know what your surgeries and other options would be. 

• Posted

Rsw, my pain is a little different... I had a dentist drill a hole in the bottom of my right molar during a routine root canal. When he inserted the (caustic) sealant it killed the Inferior Alveolar nerve. I had a 7 hour surgery to replace a 2 1/2 inch section with a cadaver nerve... after that didn't work i had another surgery to clip the nerve but I am still in excruciating pain. I don't know what's next but I just want the pain to go away....

• Posted

I'm in the UK near Liverpool. I had MVD surgery February 2017. It was a success. No more TN pain!

• Posted

I am in Norway. Top Norwegian neurosurgeon performed MVD operation, but it failed. I have atypical trigeminal neuralgia/ neuropathy. He found the cause and fixed it, but I am still in pain. 
    • Posted

Dona - so sorry to hear this! My MVD seems to have been a success so far - had it in May this year. There are some really great TN forums on Facebook. It always helps to have someone to vent to who knows what you are going through.
  • Posted

I live in a small town in Illinois. Bartonville, Illinois 61607
  • Posted

Plano, TX. MVD 2 years ago at UT Southwestern.  Gamma Knife in a couple of weeks
    • Posted

I saw Dr. Zuniga there.... i was referred to him to have a cadaver nerve implant in my face. I decided on another Dr. from LSU in New Orleans. He was very nice and thorough.
  • Posted

I'm in Massachusetts and we went to the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. 

• Posted

I live in Pineville Louisiana my self. I am not sure what I have.  Mainly teeth problems with all teeth sensitive to touch.  Dentist can't see anything wrong. Trying a neurologist.  If anyone is having trouble with their teeth please reply.  Thanks

• Posted

Hi John, My teeth all on the left side of my facehurt all the time. My TN was on the left side. After my MVD surgery my face pain went away but my teeth always hurt and eating is uncomfortable. I went to the dentist and I have one tooth that needs dental work but I am afraid to get any work done. I am always afraid the pain will come back. My pain started after a dentist visit in 2011.
    • Posted

My pain started after a lot of dental work,too, but I was told there was no connection.  Dental work was on the left and TN on the right...some things just don't make sense!

• Posted

Hi John, my TN pain started after significant dental work. I was told there is no connection as the dental work was on the left and TN on the right but...??? It was either a weird coincidence or they were connected some way. MVD surgery in May helped me - no more pain just numbness and tingling now.
  • Posted

I live just outside of Buffalo, New York. TN survivor for >7 yrs and finally had MVD last May.

• Posted

Hi, I was wondering how your MVD surgery went. I had mine 1 month ago and am starting to feel TN again just doesn't hurt as bad. How are you?confused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.