Where can i find Risperdal Consta (Risperidone Injection) in London?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I take Risperdal Consta every two weeks for bipolar. I’m traveling to London on the 7th of August. On the 8th of August I need to get an injection. 

I contacted 7 pharmacies who have their own doctors, some told me they don’t carry it, some said they can order it but it will take around 5-7 for them to receive it. 

I also tried to get in touch with private clinics but they weren’t so helpful. And it all comes down to pharmacies anyways, I don’t think the clinics will carry the medication. 

So doctor and prescription is no problem. Many doctors said specially if they can see the prescription for my own country they’ll prescribe it to me with no problems. The issue is where can I find it? It’s very critical for me to take it on the 8th. 

Does anyone take it? Anyone has any experience? It’s a very expensive medication (might cost up to 250 pounds, in my country I get it for free) but I don’t mind paying because this is important for my health.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

All I can suggest is that you ask your Family Doctor or Health Professional for a script showing the injection required.

When you arrive in the UK attend an Accident/ Emergency Department in a General Hospital. I do not know the hospitals in London.

You then present the script to the Hospital and they will if possible give the injection.

Also if you carry a prescription from your GP in the UK that proves we are prescribed that medication  so you will be able to carry that medication. Take the drug to a Doctor, they will inject.

You will need to possibly carry the drug with prescription, the injection will be given by a GP there may be several forms to fill in before treatment. There may be a charge depending on the country you live in.

Does you Doctor at home not feel the medication could be taken just before travel. Again the Airport you fly from may have a Clinic that may inject.

British Airways have a Clinic in London for travel injections, you could also try there. Your Airline may be able to help.

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.