Where can I find the best knee bracing Toronto?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Knee braces are supports to be worn and to prevent knee injuries during sports.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Find a sports medicine ortho and get a reference from him. Find the team Drs that are used by the Blue Jays or Raptors or your local university sports depths. A poor fitting piece is w rose than none at all. You might also check with a physical therapy group that has sports medicine credentials and certifications. Don't just take the 1st thing that sounds good. Some medical professionals actually prefer you don't use anything depending on your condition.

• Posted

DonJoy.  Period.  Go on-line, call them and get their local rep to help you.  For me, with a TKR, we are forbidden to pound or twist the knee after surgery.  So...no running jogging, competitive sports, etc.  However, I played hockey for over 45 years and I want to do some light skating again.  Their Defiance model locks the knee and will not let it twist.  Perfect for me.

For you, discuss your needs with them so you can get a recommendation on the actual brace to solve your problem (they have many different models that do different things).  Just know that they have off-the-shelf ones and then custom fit ones.  For the Defiance, an OTS might be around $400 while the custom one is $900.  This is not cheap Walmart crap.  These are serious professional braces.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.