Where could this lead to?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had to write on here as I'm unsure where else to comment about this. I feel an absolute fool, the last session I had with my counsellor had me ask some really hard-hitting questions which I couldn't answer and even show my face. I am terrified of going back as I'm unsure where these sessions will go. Do you embarrass counsellors when you ask really deep questions, she won't take offence will she? I feel scared every session but that was so hard as I'd never asked those questions before. Will she think she's dealt with this and tell me to leave. This is assault counselling, it's no joke!

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear Sam, I know it's hard talking to counsellors, I've found that myself, I've come out of sessions feeling suicidal, or killing someone else sometimes, and I told them this, there job though is to listen to ""everything and anything"" we want to say or ask,. So if you can try to help yourself and just realise that's what they are there for, explain it all to her/him how you feeling if you can, I don't know what else to say, maybe someone else can give better advice than me, but don't let it worry you.

• Posted

Hi Stephen, I will take your word for it, let's see what she says this week?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.