Where do I start?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have never heard of a stone in salivary gland.  My dentist thinks I have one and should have an X-ray.  Should I go to an ENT, medical doctor or to hospital to get X-ray?  


0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    I would say you would have to go to your GP and he/She can refer you to the hospital for an x-ray, I would have thought your dentist could have referred you though?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      He knew I had seen the PA.  His wife had this surgery, and he recommended where she had gone for the X-ray and surgery.  I felt like I was missing a step.  Thanks for your response.  The more I read, the uneasier I get!


      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi I had issues with that and also my stones constantly in my tonsils. I had tonsils removed and have not had a problem since.I hope it gets figured out.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up