Where do you live?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello,

I have enjoyed the discussions on this site, but now wonder if it would be possible to meet people face-to-face.

Just wondered where people live, I live in Portchester, Hampshire.

Anyone else live nearby?

Take care, Anne

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sorry. I don't live nearby but I found a local support group via Google.  Hope that helps.
  • Posted

i am in north yorkshire a bit far from you., iv been putting yorkshire on the end of my replies.

in the hope that someone else is nearby ,and we could possiable pal  up

regards tina

• Posted

I live in Scotland , but on here talking to people that understand does me for now take care all xx
  • Posted

Originally from south Yorkshire. Currently living  near hull. 
  • Posted

You are right it would be nice to meet someone in your own locale, I live in  Birmingham, I thought about asking my GP if they could help with this, because there must be other patients with it. 

I watched a very interesting lecture on youtube last night saying that our pain is all in the head, because what we feel is brain pain, because our pain receptors are at a higher level, and the brain is connected to all pain. It was called Chronic Pain   It's all in the head, it was all about fibromyalgia and it was very interesting.  1 hour and half long.

Best Wishes

Pat.

• Posted

hi Anne, I'm in Norfolk.  We have a Fibromyalgia group in Norwich that meets once a month in a local cafe place.  It is nice to meet up with others who are similar. 

When I found my group I put Fibromyalgia Norwich into Google and it came up.  Good Luck in finding closer living suffers.

• Posted

Hello Anne

Yes it would be great to meet up with people who suffer the same,  I live in North Shropshire. There is nothing around here unfortunatly..sad

Regards Anne

• Posted

Yes good idea - Kent is where I am but frequent visits to Lewes area of East Sussex.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.