Where does it state there is a substitute for bezodiazipines

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have read so many horrendous posts or questions on here of withdrawal etc! I want to suggest we all ask the doctor or psychiatrist supposed to care for us. they show us evidence ANYWHERE that states this drug is non addictive and abrupt withdrawal is safe!?? Adl them to show you where it states the drug you are being prescribed instead of benzodiazepines is a substitute. If anyone finds an answer please let me know!??

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Would they tell the truth!!! Xx
    • Posted

No but I think it's a fair question which I know they cannot answer! xx
    • Posted

The problem is,Drs have the power to give or not to prescribe drugs to us.

Mine is with holding my meds for break through pain due to,an accidental overdose.

So my life is hell until I can see my consultant two hours away from me.

Life!!!!

Pain leads to depression, a vicious circle xx

• Posted

I know but that's what we can all change. I've posted before:  Google: Royal College of Psychiatrists --- search bar --- type in drug -- look for managing withdrawal it should state if it's safe to do an abrupt withdrawal. In most cases it's not.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.