Where is the exact location of gallbladder pain ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For me whenever i eat fatty or normal food, the pain is exactly slight right below the sternum (below where both ribs meet) slightly right and not to the extreme right.I can feel the pain when i touch it, but not very severe.My gastro wants to take a gastric emptying test as i showed that position, he feels my stomach is not emptying correctly.But i feel its a gallbladder.Please let me know where you guys get pain with the gallbladder. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My pain is central mainly just below both ribs. It also moves and tucks itself under my left rib. I have been told I have gallstones and am awaiting surgery.

I have never had pain on the right when the gallbladder actually is!

• Posted

Hi biliarydyskines

My issues are the same spots between the ribs I had my gallbladder out in 2007 but you still have your gallbladder I found that my doctors are not doing anything of my bile duct blockage when I eat I feel the pain I hope all goes well with you. Keep in touch let us know what they find. 

• Posted

My pain is exactly like yours only it goes into my back also ! it always feels full under the sternum after I've eaten even a small meal ,But it could be your stomach is not emptying like it should so maybe go down that root first ! good luck 😉 

• Posted

2 things  worries me. So i'm looking if there is some other alternative or to skip it  as many places they mention the test is not accurate. Atleast the doctor can give me the medicine for slow gastric emptying instead of doing the test.

1) The test cost $1400 out of pocket

2)Many got sick for days after the test

• Posted

Eventually my pain was under the right bottom rib and inside it about 3 inches away from center.  My GP did not comment on the fact that she could feel my gall bladder which was swollen. She did however send my within two days for an ultrasound which confirmed there were 5 stones inside my gall bladder. Biggest 17mm approx.

She would not give me ursodioxycholic acid which I had read about and it took an eminent surgeon to give me my first script for  bile acid tablets & then the GP's had to repeat the scripts.

He said it's worth you having a go with the Urso and he added that Ursodioxycholic acid will dissolve gall stones.   He was right because I do not have any symptoms because if I still had symptoms that  would have put me in line for a cholosytectomy. 

I still have my gall bladder less three stones and the biggest is 10mm...... I won't be long before I give what's left a hammering with the urso !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.