Where’s best Chiari center?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I need treatment and i want to find the best most experienced place to go for Chiari I..what center and doctors are the best, most knowledgeable, experienced, with highest success rates?

Also, centers that may offer any treatment other than surgery?

Also has anyone looked in to the procedure done outside Barcelona Spain?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Do your research, keep and open mind, and look into the Filum

Terminal Dissectum surgery also.  I saw no less than 7 neurosurgeons and 5 neurologists in the US, and had thousands of dollars of testing done, and spent over a year following up on patients who had decompression surgery.  My wife and I picked the neurosurgeon that we felt was the best fit for us, but then had no support from staff after the surgery and had all my symptoms come back within 4 weeks.  Though some are helped with the decompression, most still have their herniation continue to grow, and eventually have symptoms back because the cause of the herniation was never addressed.  Do your research, have family/friends set up a GoFund if need be.  Steve

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.