Where's Wuffy (Russ)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Russ,

Not seen you on here for a few days...hope everything is OK and your recovery is going well.

Take care.

Jules xx smile

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

here.............. :lol:
  • Posted

So how's it going me old discectomy buddy :D

Jules xx :D

• Posted

All good here, six weeks post op, have slight ache in back and very occassional ache/pain in leg but all going very well...

Hows it going with u, r u glad u had the op....

Russ x

• Posted

hi

you both seem to be doing so well im proud of you lol :rose: gail

• Posted

Hi Russ

I am sooo glad I had the op! I'm off the Morphine which was impossible before the op and looking forward to driving again in the next week or two. You know.....you really helped me prior to the op when you said that if you had to have it again, you would...it was reassuring to hear at a time when the unknown was scary ...thank you so much for that :D

Take care

Jules xx :D :D

• Posted

No worrries, I just remember before I had op how I was always saying I would never have the op... then the pain got to a point where I couldnt take it anymore, and after having it, realised there was nothing to worry about, I was forever reading people saying how it didnt work, or they were worse because if anything works for people they are unlikely to post it on here, well, it worked and I wanted others to know its not all doom and gloom......

I am still on is Co-codamol and the only time I was on morphine was in hospital.... Its hard to believe now how unbearable the pain was, could not stand or sit without being in pain.....

I think my wife is glad I had it done too, no more groaning from me everytime I stand or sit smile

Still havent driven yet but I figure if I dont have to then there is no point in rushing it, been told not to drive long distances still for a while too sad

The good thing about this site is that u dont have anyone to compare yourself to, until u log onto sites like this

K enough of me going on

Russ x

• Posted

hi both

it is a good moral booster for the rest of us to know that yes the ops can be a success, and people do recover and get on with normal lives, there is too much emphasise on some sites about ops that have gone wrong or do not work and it does make you wary, but we have good news on this site eh, lets hope we,r all lucky eh. oh and i do think positive thinking is just as important with recovery as the physical stuff.. keep it up folks!. gail

• Posted

Hi gail,

I agree about the positive attitude, both pre and post op and all I was reading pre op was how this op went wrong and that op didnt work and I am sure if the pain hadnt got so bad for me I probably would have been against the op, the thing is everyone is different, it comes down to the consultant too and all his team, I know I was lucky in that respect....

Was glad to find this site and think its good to see so many different people on here and how each on is dealing with it.... and the support that others can give too I think is priceless.

Right, enough of me sounding like I know what Im chattin about

Russ x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.