where to get help? (Non NHS)

Posted , 3 users are following.


So my girlfriend has been quite seriously depressed for some time. She was going through CBT therapy for a while but the therapist decided that it would be more suitable for her to be treated with a high-risk team, as she was struggling with the treatment. Having been discharged from IAPT she was put on a waiting list for social anxiety (which isnt the problem) which we found out would take about 10 months!!

Obviously 10 months is too long to wait for someone who is struggling so I'm wondering if there's anything quicker? We can't afford to be seen privately, unfortunately, so maybe some charity support or something? I had a quick look online but there doesn't seem to be many options.

Many thanks,


0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up