Where to start..

Posted , 1 user is following.

New to this so not sure if this is in the correct place..

I have been having severe head pain for almost 4 weeks now. Around 3 weeks ago I began to experience blurry vision and a shooting type pain in my right arm. I went to a&e 3 weeks ago and had a ct scan and blood tests which all came back normal, the doctor said that there is some type of pressure in my head but nothing serious. I was told to go home and go back if anything got worse.

The blurry vision got worse and nothing I was taking was giving me pain relief so I then went back 2 days later where I was given a chest x ray and told I had a virus. This made me pretty angry because I was not complaining of any chest pain and showed no symptoms of any kind of virus.

Still, no pain killers have helped the pain. So one week later I went to my doctor who told me to go to a&e at a different hospital, I was sent to a doctor who mentioned hypertension but nothing else and then sent me to see an eye doctor who did various tests and said there was nothing wrong with my eyes. I had to go back to the hospital the next day where I was given more blood tests and spoke to another doctor. This doctor was puzzled and suggested a lumbar puncture to check for a bleed or infection in the brain, he has also arranged for me to see a neurologist.

The next day I went to see the family optician who again did various tests and found I am slightly short sighted but stated that this has nothing to do with the pain in my head and the blurry vision.

I went to have my lumbar puncture on Tuesday and since then have experienced lots of back and neck pain. My head is still the same as it was before, if not worse but I understand this may be down to the lumbar puncture. The lumbar puncture results came back fine, there's no bleed or infection etc. I am now experiencing a pins and needles feeling in my hands, arms, legs and feet. I am finding it hard to walk and sit in an upright position due to back pain.

I am currently waiting for an appointment to see a neurologist and received an appointment today for a follow up appointment with the eye doctor.

Can anyone suggest what this pain in my head can be? Any suggestions what to do next? I don't feel like I am getting anywhere, I've had a lot of tests and spent a lot of time in the hospital!

I still haven't been given anything to relieve the pain. I have tried co codamol, paracetamol, ibrupofen and a number of other over the counter pain killers but nothing seems to hit the spot.

I haven't been able to go to work, drive or even get out of bed, I'm beginning to lose all will to live!!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.