Where to turn for advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

Was taken into hospital as an emergency last week, terrible pains on hrs of my body. On my discharge notes it read that my liver function tests were deranged, I had raised white blood count, and my pancreas has raised maylese ??? 

After lying in casualty for 12 hours all alone, and thinking I was on my way out, finally I was taken to a ward.

i was given AB by IV, a yellow drip? Pain killers, and 3 days later a ultrasound scan, which showed gallstones.

they did not remove my gallbladder, said they would see me in 6 weeks to review the situation. I was told by the ultrasound lady that I had a fatty liver, but when the surgeon came to discuss my scan he never mentioned this.

when I raised the topic he said, well you are over weight, and you drink to much, and gave me no advice whatsoever.

i am now arranging to have my gallbladder removed, as I was told if this flares up again it could be very serious.

How do I know it's the gallstones and not my liver that caused the pain, could I be having my gallbladder removed for no reason. I swear to god I will never touch alcohol again. I just feel so bad when I read about the people who have fatty liver, and other dreadful conditions of the liver, who gave never touched a drink, or don't really drink, it's just not fair they have not overindulgence.

Was it all my gallbladder causes the pain, and is this why my blood tests were raised? I am totally at a loss, I have heard about people who have never been right after gallbladder removal, but then again I hear of lots that feel better.

if you have an Alcoholic fatty liver can removing the gallbladder make it worse?. Any Dvice would be so grateful x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh my God, I am so sorry to hear this Geri. I got the news today that I do have fatty liver because of alcohol and the enzyme is elvated. But my doctore ordered more tests ultra sound. I am scared. I don't know if I am going to die? I read online that it is serious disease that can kill.
    • Posted

Hi Julie, Sorry to hear about your news as well. Did your doctor tell you that you have fatty liver just from doing a blood test? as I did not know that was possible?

If you dont mind my asking you, how long have you been drinking, and what do you drink? just wanted to compare notes, thats if you dont mind.

Were you just having a few blood tests, and thats when you were told?

• Posted

Hi Geri, I am sorry that I wrote about myself here . i thought this was my thread of discussion. I wish I had any answer for your condition and I am very sorry to hear about your pain.

He said that the Enzyme of liver is very high and I have been drinking since 2012 only vodka and and mostly straight with no mix. In 2013 and 2014 I drank a lot all day and evenings. I had many dirty martinis at nights and during the day I had drinks straight with no mix. I could say I did drink for 3 years in a row.  Before that I did not drink for one year because I was working overseas.  But occasionally drank wine.

I drank heavily in 2014 and until recent weeks.

I had two blood tests and both showed the same result. He wants me to do ultrasound of my liver and kidney. So he can start the treatment.

• Posted

Hello Geri, Do you trust natural medications and natural healing?
    • Posted

Yes I think so, I have read articles about fatty liver treatments but then it says you are not to try them (detoxing etc) without your docs permission.

I can't understand why no one wants to discuss my fatty liver situation its if though i am thrown on the scrap heap at 56, I need to sort something out or I will go out of my mind.

I am frightened to eat, scared to excercise, cause i just dont know how serious things are.

Everywhere there are articles on Non Alcoholic fatty liver but nothing about alcohol realted fatty liver, maybe the non alcoholic fatty liver is easier to repair xxx

• Posted

I think so, I am scared too because I read about it that it can kill with no warning. My liver tiisue is damged that can't filtre the fat and toxins. instead it sends out the toxins and fat to my blood cells. It can really kill a person. Mine has gone that far.And my liver can fail at anytime.

I don't know right now. i am numb.

• Posted

julie let me know how you get on. Dont dispair keep strong, thats all we can do. There is so much more can be done to help nowadays.

I just hate the way we are treated for having a drink problem, we dont want to have alcohol addicion, we dont want to be alcoholics, we dont want to be ill, we are still human. We are tarred as really bad, the only people who know how having a drink problem affects your life, is other people with drink problem.

I will be thinking of you, get in touch if you want, any time, God Bless for now, live for each day. xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.