Where to use patch? + THANKS!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I just started using Evorel 50 patches. I put the first one at the front of my thigh, but since the area expands when crouching (i'm athletic and exercise) it seemed to separate at the middle. I put the 2nd patch on my buttock but my briefs tried to detach it, exposing the adhesive at the edges which would then collect dirt.

I saw a doc recommending to use these on shoulder area, but others said to  use only beneath the waistline, so i'm pretty confused. 

** Where do you recommend using the patches?

Besides this - THANKS! Answers I got to a previous question directed me to use bio-identical hormones. Read researches later - they should be so much better! 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

I use these patches & they should only be used bum area below the thighs 

NeVER sue them on the shoulder area!!

Wear them where your knickers lie that way they will be ok and stay put

I’ve been using them now for 19 months with no problems! 

• Posted

Hi, I know the patches should be below the waist but why is that? I've been told it's because it's nearer to the ovaries so it's more natural, because of the risk of breast cancer and that it's because it causes breast tenderness. Do you know why? I'm confused. Thanks

• Posted

Hi Jackie, I think that the patches need to go on lower body so they are not right on top of the heart as the hormones go straight into bloodstream. That's why it is better to wear them on the lower regions of the body. XXX

• Posted

Hi there,

I'm sorry, I'm not much use for info but just wanted to say I'm glad you've asked this as I too have issues with this...

I'm about to change back to evorel brand  oestrogen patches as Femseven sequi do not stay on at all. 

I was told by my doctor to place them below waist and package info also said this but then another user said her doctor said upper arm is ok too... which may be better?

the Evorel sequi did seem to discolour around the edges when worn under underwear, not great but they stick like glue, Femseven sequi do not, (I changed as I had probs with the progesterone in the Evorel  sequi patches).

It seems many find it all trial and error for a while until finally settling on a preferred routine! 

Are you in the U.K. and,  if so, have you managed to try bio-identicals? 

Thanks.

AJ.

• Posted

hI 

what problems did you have with the progesterone in evorel sequi,  just wondering  as I was prescribed these but havent started them yet.  thanks!

• Posted

Hi there, 

I was ok at first but after a few months, and always towards the end of the month, I started to feel very tearful, (and I don't usually cry often at all) quite down and had a kind of mastitis in my breasts... after 6 months it was really bad particularly the mastitis - absolute agony and started to last longer but always got much worse when I put the dual patches on and my doctor told me quite a few women have issues with this kind of progesterone (not all women of course - you may be fine)... so I changed to Femseven sequi. It took a few weeks but all side effects disappeared however I don't feel these control the meno symptoms as well and it's possibly because they also just do not stick well at all! They come off every time I shower... I've tried holding them on for ages, heating the area to activate the glue etc but nope, after a few days they start to fall off. 

So now I'm awaiting a phone call to see if I can go back on the Evorel oestrogen only patches (as they stuck like glue) and either add in an alternative progesterone tablet in the last two weeks or double quantity of Femseven dual patches in the last two weeks so I can change them twice weekly like the Evorel...

I'm hoping all that made sense!!! 

It's such a shame I can't tolerate the Evorel dual patches as in the beginning I really thought they made a difference, I hope you are successful on them. 

AJ. xx

• Posted

Hi there... I've just started these and put it beneath my waist and above my thigh so I sits under my pants/underwear.. Press them down till they stick with your Psalm. Ck

• Posted

Hi, look in the leaflet that comes with the patches, and as I'm on evorel sequin, I believe that they would have to go in the same place as the ones you are on. You need a dry, clean and totally hairless patch on your thigh or buttock. They are most effective below the waistline. Hope this helps XXX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.