wheres darren?

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi

just wondering where darren is hes not posted for a while hope he ok. have things worked out for you with the new gp?.gail

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

:D hi gail, he is about! i have spoken to him :lol: :lol: :lol:

i tell him you asking bout him k :roll:

:rose: mandy :rose:

• Posted

Still waiting for my damn notes to reach the new GP.

Put my lower back out last night getting into bed so suffering like hell at the moment.

Alive & kicking (just) still

• Posted

It is now OFFICIAL. The NHS & healthcare in the UK is the worst on the planet BAR NONE.

As most of you know I changed GP due to not getting the treatment I required (something that actually works would be nice!), and waiting for my notes to be sent to the new Surgery.

Just popped into the new Surgery to see if my notes had arrived. NOTHING!!!!!! 3 weeks+ & nothing!!!!

Was not happy, so called the old surgery only to be told they had not gone off yet and it would take another 8 weeks AT LEAST until the new surgery gets them.

Apparently my notes have to be sent back to the actual NHS then sent out to the new surgery via internal mail!!!

Why could they not just let me collect them, sign for them, and let me drop them into the surgery??????

This means that I cannot get any treatment from the new surgery until after flipping XMAS!!!!!

I feel like I have been well & truely stitched up now over all this.

I am that angry at the moment, steam is almost literally pouring out my ears!!!!!!

Think I am going to sit at the laptops tonight and get blind steaming drunk :evil:

• Posted

hi darren

that cannot be right?? have you phoned the fma to ask about transfer times , what are you supposed to do for medication , or god forbid you become seriously ill. when my daughter moved back to wales from yorkshire about 3 yrs ago she needed gp involvement stright away owing to an ongoing medical condition and the surgery(in wales) faxed her surgery up in catterick and visa versa until her files arrived about 10 days later. oh you seem to be like most of us on this site really peeved by the countrys nhs \"systems\" some seem to sail the the \"jungle\" and others like us just seem to get caught up in it . hope you can sort this one out pretty quick.gail

• Posted

Before I even mentioned the timescale the old surgery told me, the new surgery said the same thing when asked.

It really is an absolute joke.

I was under the impression that your notes should be readily available via the NHS database system. The new GP surgery seemed to be able to bring up my main details such as date of birth, NI number, address, etc when they put in my NHS number onto their systems upon initial enquiry about registration.

In all honesty, I feel like I am beyond caring now, as this is going to delay my DLA claim because the DWP need to write to my GP (in limbo anyway) for clarification & nobody is going to have my notes to reply to them. Even worse if they ask my old GP to write it up for them as they will refuse to do so because I am no longer a patient there, & the new GP cannot do so because they haven't got my notes!

I am very close to cancelling my Pain Clinic appointment now because of all this, as I feel that it will be a complete waste if time going there & they will just say stick with your GP (as they do to a lot of people).

I think I may just be one of these people from the Haemmoroid cream adverts that \"suffers in silence\". :evil:

• Posted

hi darren

if you have any copies of tests mri.xrays etc you could send them off to the dla, and copies of your repeat prescription note, it may help. you could also ask the pain clinic for a copy of their report when you go any evidence will help til they get in touch with your gp, im still waiting for my review as i was turned down, and it wasnt because of my gp. so maybe their intervention doesnt help a lot. i wouldnt cancel your pain clinic appointmemt you,ve waited to long for it , your upset at the mo and understandably thinking of giving up, you cant do that your the fighter amoung us lol.take care gail

• Posted

I wasn't given any copies of MRI, tests or repeat prescriptions as I was told by my old GP that I do not need them and I was not permitted to them anyway. Obviously they have told me a load of claptrap every single time by them.

All I know is that the DLA wrote to me last week to say they were consulting with my 'GP' and waiting for them to write back to them.

I am going to call the Pain Clinic tomorrow and warn them that if I do go there for the appointment and I am told that it is down to my GP to sort out medication, that I will go beserk in the clinic and they may want Police there, as I am sick to what rear teeth I have left now of being treated like dirt by the NHS and the system.

When I was working I was paying on average £600 out of my OWN individual wage packet each MONTH in NI contributions, and this is how I am treated?

Something wrong there.

• Posted

Hi Darren,

The words \"rock\" and \"hard place\" come to mind.

If it was me I'd be steaming mad too. In fact I spend most of my time so angry I want to hit someone! Have you tried talking to someone at your local PCT? Although right now I'd guess that would be the last thing on your mind. Sometimes I find it so hard to keep fighting and wonder just how many times it will take to knock me down before I finally don't get up any more. The whole system is fundamentally flawed and unfortunately when it goes wrong, it goes badly wrong.

Keep fighting. Go to your pain clinic appointment. You know the system...if you don't, they will just knock you off the list and you will need to be re-referred. This year, next year, sometime never. It isn't worth it. Don't give them the satisfaction. At the end of the day, they don't give a t*ss about you, the only one who cares is you. There is a way forward...you just haven't thought of it yet. You will. Then it's time to put the gloves back on and into battle again... You haven't come this far to give up now!!

Best wishes

TFU

• Posted

My local PCT are even worse. In the past 12 months I must have phoned them at least 30 times and been promised that they will look into it and call me back. They have never called me back & even speaking to the same people each time, was told that there was no record of my complaints!!!!!!

Still going to call the clinic in the morning and give them warning.

• Posted

hi darren hope your appointment went better than you were expecting. someone out there is bound to be nice (arent they) about the cpoies of tests etc i just phoned the receptioist and was told to being the request in writing which i did and i was phoned back that afternoon and told they were ready, i thought here goes how much?? but no charge for the first time but if i wanted any more i would have to pay. and with my repeat prescrition i just went to the local library and done my own photo copy to send so may be worth a try. good luck gail
  • Posted

Appointment is 2 weeks away tomorrow Gail.

Called them this morning and warned them that if nothing was going to be done to tell me now and I will cancel.

They said they will call me back this afternoon (I have heard that before somewhere??) to verify things.

• Posted

hi darren

do you think all nhs staff have training: tell them you,ll call back?? yeh think we all heard that one before. i have been trying to phone my local chc and the message on the answer phone was \" i am not at my desk at the moment please leave a message and i,ll get back to you, my hours of work are 9 til 2 mon to fri\" and this was 1.50 so of course no-ones going to phone me back today are they ??? :D i am so stuned at the way people are treated it really has shocked me. gail :?

• Posted

All that money they make from us & they work 9-2 5 days a week? I have to chuckle at that, especially when doctors and other staff are complaining of such long hours they are working and are shattered, causing them to make mistakes.

Pull the other one NHS. We all know the truth in that you cannot be bothered anymore. Just be open about it and change careers if you cannot be hassled with giving patients proper courtesy & treatment.

8 weeks though to post some notes by 'internal mail' (aka backseat of a midwifes car when they are next visiting the new surgery) is a joke. Even Royal poxy Mail are not that slow even with strike action or Xmas!!!!! If the midwives are that slow at delivering internal mail, I feel sorry for those women who have them delivering their babies!!!!!!! :wink:

I must cut back on my salt & monosodium glutamate intake as it is driving me a bit doo-lally :shock: :lol:

• Posted

Surprise, surprise!!!! The Clinic NEVER called back. How predictable was that. If they don't call me tomorrow (Friday) then I am going to call them Monday and tell them where they can stick their appointment.
  • Posted

hi darren

had a return call from the chc, so was surprised there! do you think they see our names ans think oh i,ll just stick that at the bottom of the pile?? thats so annoying and rude not to return a call even if its to say what you dont want to hear at least you will know.gail

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.