Which anti inflammatory tablets are safe if you suffer with acid reflux?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was given celebrex a while back but it wasn't that good. Can anyone recommend anything better?

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

taking any medication many times its recommended to take after eating something bread crackers and with milk which helps coat the stomach. i learned that the hard way and especially with celebrex and pain meds.

• Posted

there is no pain med out there that is safe. all pain meds after time, will affect your kidneys and liver and will cause an ulcer.

PICK one that works best for you, dont take it for more than two weeks in a row. After that ask your doctor how best to control it.Never take on an empty stomach.....i find that aleve works best fir me. Do some reading ON GOOGLE FOR PAIN MEDS? good luck!

• Posted

Gaviscon duel action,or Gaviscon extra,are the ones I use, can be got in tablet or liquid form, my daughter used Pepcid and says its very good....There are PPIs, but not very safe taken long term...so my DR told me..,I take the gaviscon about 20 mins after meals.and not with other meds...drinking lukewarm water and 1 tsp manuka honey, really soothes the stomach...mastic gum is also good, if your into natural remedies...

• Posted

Hi moon53540

Naproxen is a good anti-inflamnatory tab..has to be taken with food...

• Posted

if you take any anti inflamatory medication u should really be taking something to protect your stomach lining. best to and have chat with a dr rather than end uo with an ulcer.

good luck

• Posted

all anti imflammatory drugs will cause damage to the stomach if used for long periods of time or often. i ended up with stomach bleeding causing barretts and stage one oesphagul cancer. mine might be extreme but id advise caution and close monitoring by your gp .

• Posted

i just got prescribe that and im concern my doctor said is better for my stomach issues (i have GERD and a hiatal hernia) im in the same situation. did you had side effects

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.