Which HRT is best?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am 53 and am 3 years post menopause .  Just recently my symptoms have got a lot worse and I have been feeling very ill.....terrible nausea, can't eat, hot and cold flushes, heart palpitations, no energy, crying.  I have had blood tests and an ECG, so GP says the symptoms are menopause related.  I have just started on Kliovance, which I believe is a low dose HRT.  Is it right to start on this one or would I be better on a higher dose....Elleste Duet Conti?  Thanks x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Finally I see a poster experiencing the same as me.  I am 55 and post meno around 4yrs.  I have terrible anxiety and nausea but I also have SIBO and Candida overgrowth.  I started trialing Evorel Conti nearly a year ago but my levels arn't where they should be yet to see if hrt suits me because I haven't upped my patch because of the other stuff I am dealing with.   Have you have your thyroid checked?

• Posted

Hi jen05889

The nausea is awful!! I haven’t been able to eat a proper meal for weeks and I feel so ill.

Yes, I’ve had my thyroid checked and B12 and loads of other stuff. ECG was fine, so these horrific symptoms have got to be menopause. I haven’t been able to do anything for months because I feel so weak. X

• Posted

Have you spoken with your GP as you can get something for nausea.  I know exactly how you feel I struggle to eat because of it but you need to eat little and often to keep your strength up or you will get other problems.  May I suggest you come on over to the Menopause Misfits Group on Facebook.  Don't bother with the general menopause misery group because the Admins kick a lot of people out.  The Misfits group is better because it's more relaxed and you can say what you want, including having a good swear if you want to.  They are a great bunch of ladies and you will be offered a lot of help

• Posted

Hi I told my GP about nausea but nothing was offered. I’m hoping once the HRT kicks in that the nausea will go x
  • Posted

It just depends on what works for you. Starting with the lowest dose is the best idea and see how you get on with that. The lowest dose that works for you is the best. If it doesn't help or give ps you unacceptable side effects then try something else. It is all a bit of trial and error to start with. I believe that patches carry less risks than oral.

• Posted

Hi Suki girl

Thanks for your reply. I’m hoping these tablets do the trick x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.