Which is the best anti depressant for anxiety? Please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have suffered from anxiety since a child,and this recent and worst bout started in June. I was on Citalopram for 19 years,but the gp changed me to Sertraline 5 weeks ago. Due to chronic diarrhoea,it looks like I will have to try a different med. I have heard good things about Escitalopram,Mirtazapine or Venlafaxine....anyone tried those? Or can anyone recommend anything,please x

1 like, 25 replies

Report / Delete

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Why did u stop citalopram?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Effexor xr, as I've been on oodles over the years. Snri work better. Than ssri at least for me anyway. It gave me my life back going off crazy paxil. Going forward effexor, cymbalta, pristiq, fetzima are the newer better drugs with effexor the top. You won't know till you give it a try since were all different. Good luck😊
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You'll be ok switching over to effexor xr. Worked quickly for my anxiety and panic and no side affects really. A good med. A difficult switch would be what I did going off paxil to effexor as paxil is brutal going off. Your other drug which I also tried will be easier. And then when you go from one snri to another it took me only a day and I'm fine.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thing is with anti depressants, what suits one person may not suit another so difficult to  to advise.  I was on Effexor and it got rid of my anxiety and depression.  Very difficult to withdraw from though.  I do hope you find the right medication for you.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

That's a long time was it good Citalopram why u came of sorry can't help I'm not on meds other than xnax any feedback apreciate
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi i take 50mg sertraline in morning and 15mg mirtz i researched it and found the mirtz takes away the side effects of sertraline away RESULT! i spoke with my gp he was impressed i knew so much ha! we know more than gps sometimes and he agreed and gave me this mix and works great! hope this helps. julie
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up