Which is the best home BP monitor

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. Some interesting comments here. I am 46 and just spent 2 weeks on 2.5mg of Ramipril daily. I have been to the docs today and she has just upped me to 5mg. No side effects as yet! Can anyone advise as to which is the best BP monitor to buy as I feel I need to understand a bit more about what my BP is actually doing. Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gary I am in the same boat. I was on 2.5 Ramipril from April and a few months later it was upped to 5 mg. I actually stopped taking my medication last week but might start again today because my pressure is right up to 190/120 after been at lows of 140ish over 80ish. I bought a really good BP monitor from Lloyds Pharmacy for £9.99 the cuff was suppose to be £2.99 but I got it free somehow maybe because I bought a set of duracell batteries for £3.99.
  • Posted

the best BP monitor we have found is the Omron M10-IT the cuff come up to 46cm's which is great for mens arms and is computer compatable as well, you can down load you results and print them for the doc. wife a sister in the NHS and said its better than the ones in the hospital
  • Posted

Hi - I just got a Lloyds monitor and Im very pleased with it. Im not on ramipril as yet - but have changed my life fairly dramatically (quit smoking, new healthy veg. diet, exercise etc.) and will see if this does the trick. BP down already.......... Im so glad I found this forum to help me with my dilema.
  • Posted

I've found the M10-IT on Amazon at the moment for £35, Lloyds are selling it for £103.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.