Which is the more serious injury?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I know that both of them are serious injuries but which is the more serious and slow healing one undisplaced talus body fracture or undisplaced calcaneus fracture?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am no professional, but I would imagine they would be close to the same healing time. All fractures are serious, but if it doesn't require surgery like my talar dome fracture did, then it's not so bad.

• Posted

i fractured both bones nondisplaced, little fragmentation so similar severity. the talus started to heal sooner, the calcaneus took nlike 12 weeks.

but recovery after the cast is faster for the calcaneus, i'm allready pwb.

also the calcaneus was perfect in the short cast while the talus felt much better when i was placed casted up to the groin.

anyway depends on the number of fragments.

i have comminuted fractures in the same foot and are still painful at week 16

• Posted

Are you superjumper? why did you fractured your this two bad healing bones too much? Can you walk without diffuculty now? answer plz
    • Posted

i had a 1st fracture time ago but cast was removed too soon. i was given the plastic boot but didn't work.

then my bones were weak and i refractured quite bad, anyway non displaced so is not too bad.

i started wb in the long cast and was ok, now i'm in a short walking cast and seems ok but still hurts rotating the leg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.