Which lens to chose

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have choices between a fixed lens covered by inusrance

A multi focal distance for $1100

And a lens for 20/20, no glasses needed for $3,000.

Any advice? Thank you!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am new to the cataract business as you seem to be also. All the different lens choices are hard for me to figure out, but in doing my research I did find one particular article to be helpful in understanding more about the lens choices.

I don't think we can post direct links so do a google search for:

sciencedirect(.)com/science/article/pii/S016142020308435 and check it out. You need to remove the parentheses around the period, then you could copy and paste into a browser.

Good luck with your choices. I have my first consultation next Wednesday, and look forward to seeing what the surgeon recommends!

• Posted

bricks, I tried that info in my browser and could not find the article. It may help if you give the title, author, and date of the article. This site is a major pain in that it does not allow the inclusion of actual links.

• Posted

RonAKA, I tried it and it didn't work for me either.

Here is the title of article and author:

"Matching the patient to the intraocular lens: Preoperative considerations to optimize surgical outcomes" by Elizabeth Yeu, M.D. published 08/30/2020 i believe.

Hope that helps!

• Posted

OK, yes I have that article saved. It does cover a lot of the issues with IOLs but I found it a bit difficult to read. It is basically a summary of the findings of many different studies, and at times uses very technical terminology.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.