Which medications compliment Seroquel before sleep?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I take generic Quetiapine 200 mg for anxiety and insomnia. There was a lot of improvement but I still suffer from anxiety/panic attacks. My psych doc tried increasing the Quetiapine dose up to 400 mg but I didn't notice any improvement. Looks like 200 mg is the optimum dose.

If my sleep quality is good, the day will be very calm and relaxed.

I observed that if I take Quetiapine 200 mg + Diazepam 10 mg before sleep then my anxiety/panic attacks are totally under control. Sleep quality was very good. There was no daytime drowsiness either. It was just perfect. But the problem is that benzodiazepines are not for long-term use.

So, we have been trying to find other medications that can augment Quetiapine just like Diazepam did.

1. Quetiapine 200 mg + Trazodone 50 mg caused a lot of drowsiness and daytime dizziness. I could not take the combination for more 5 days.

2. Quetiapine 200 mg + Tegretol 300 mg actually reduced the sleep quality and increased anxiety (Tegretol and Trileptal reduce the effectiveness of Quetiapine). 

3. Quetiapine 200 mg + Lithium caused a lot of daytime drowsiness but there was no improvement in my anxiety/panic attacks.

What other medications can I take along with Quetiapine before sleep to further improve the sleep quality?

Is anyone taking any medications in addition to Quetiapine before sleep?

Thank you for your responses.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have just been prescribed 25mg Quetiapine instant release tablets, 2 tablets at night.

I will be taking Paroxetine 20mg with them.

I hope they work for my anxiety and insomnia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.