which shot hurts the worst?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was so glad to get on Xeljanx XR because I didn't have to take shots. I've taken humira and Enbrel. Enbrel hurt like hell so my husband gave them to me. I am starting to get the feeling that Xeljanx is not working like it did when I started it so if I have to take shots I don't want one that hurts like Enbrel.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried getting the numbing cream from the pharmacy for about 5 pounds it can make the shops feel better
  • Posted

I was told to put Embrel in my thigh..... God No Way. After twice being in agony, I grabbed a couple of inches of tummy fat and put it in there. I have painless injections every week for 9 years now. I just alternate sides each week. Hope this helps. X
  • Posted

I found Cimzia injections very painful, in tears almost every time. Now I have Benepali and also inject in my tummy

​alternating sides, sometimes hurts but not every time. In the thigh was agony and I also bled a lot, will find out about the numbing cream as it sounds like a good idea.

• Posted

That is what my rheumy wanted me to take. AHHHHHH! I'll have to ask her about Benepali.

• Posted

I have been on Humara for over two years.  I leave it out to room temperature so it stings less.  My daughter gives them to me and it does sting for a few seconds.  I also alternate the sides of the stomach.  If we can stand the RA pain the shot is a breeze.
  • Posted

Thanks to everyone's advice. Sounds like I will have to get some numbing cream and have it on hand if I have to go back to shots. I am not giving up on Xeljanx yet. I'm having horrible pain from lower back problems and I think it is aggravating my RA. If I can get the back pain under control maybe....

• Posted

I don’t think the shot or needle hurts but the medicine going in stings but not that terrible.  Everyone has a different pain tolerance.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.