which skin lightening cream shall i use if I have ezcema

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey i have been victim of ezcema. My face had acne and there were scars on it and so i started appyling creams and i dont know how or what trigerred the ezcema but ezcema spreaded on my face. The ezcema got worse since last 2 years on my face and I used to had swollen red skin with yellow liquid ozzing out with too much crusting. I showed to many dermatologists and somehow now have it under control. But my face in this whole process have lost all its glow and looks dull and black. Everyone whom I meet after long time asks why i face is becoming so dark. My doctor said it's due to hyperpigmentation and also told me to get laser resurfacing for scar treatment. I wanted to know if all these treatments for hyperpigmentation like hydroquinone and laser resurfacing are these safe.  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Same here, i used epiduo on my face & went really red healed a little then had a rash which my doc said was dermatitis. Dosent itch anymore just i have 2 pink cheeks to this day (6months) i wonder if it will ever fade. Let me know what works for you as i you.

• Posted

I am using Foderma Advanced Eczema Treatment for more than 6 months.it works good on my skin and this is the perfect product to help rid your beautiful skin of any signs of eczema or dryness
  • Posted

FODERMA right here is EVERYTHING!!! I originally brought it for MY MOM with ECZEMA but one day I had some dry patch that looked like a fungus and she told me to use it.I am truly thankful for this product.
  • Posted

Hi KajuKatri, hydroquinone cream and laser resurfacing have side effects and it is best to ask the dermatologist who recommended them. For laser resurfacing expect: redness and swelling, bruising, crusting, blistering during the recovery phase (a week or two). For hydroquinone cream, some side effects are: skin turning dark or too light,

thinning of the skin, visible blood vessels in the skin, scarring. 

You could read about Retino A cream 0.05%. It is mainly used for acne but some patients report success when treating scars and hyperpigmentation.

All treatments mentioned above make the skin sensitive to sun and UV radiation. Retino A, for example, has to be applied only in the evening. 

Whatever method you use the most important thing is to apply sun screen daily (at least sun block factor 50). This will help to prevent further hyperpigmentation and will over time help to reduce hyperpigmentation. 

Choose a water based sun screen that is non-comedogenic. Some sunscreens contain physical UV reflecting substances like ZnO or TiO that make the skin appear lighter (like makeup). On the other hand, there are sunscreens with chemical UV absorbing substances that can appear translucent. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.