While film in vagina?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. I'm 26 years old female and I woke up today with a white peeling film over Vagina opening and labia. That whole area. its usually pink It comes off when I wipe Sometimes. it doesnt itch or isnt painful nor has a scent.

Now me and my BF had alot of sex yesterday and we had to stop due to sudden friction and it became uncomfortable for me.

Could this be from just having rough sex and my skin is peeling like chafing or is it something else?

picture below

Thank you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi kairei,

The composition and appearance of the vaginal mucosa is quite dynamic and is influenced by circulating levels of sex hormones. If you were to take serial photos of the vaginal mucosa throughout your menstrual cycle you will see it change in many ways. This 'whiteness' is often seen in the first half of the cycle and is a feature of epithelial proliferation. Abundant (healthy) Lactobacilli growth can also contribute to this appearance.

Where are you currently in your cycle? Or are you on hormonal contraception (the pill)?

Adhari

• Posted

my period ended about a week ago. so probably in the follicular phase maybe ovulation stage.

no I'm not on any birth control.

• Edited

If you were to take a photo maybe a few days before your next period you will see a noticeably different appearance.

• Posted

ohh okay I've never seen this before. But I guess I'll just watch it. if it doesn't change I'll get it checked out.

Thanks

• Posted

Hey - did you ever find out what this was and did it go away?

I've got the same after a night of sex where i felt a little sore after... and now its like the top layer of skin is milky coloured and peeling away easily....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.