Whiplash claim

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all not sure if this Q is in the right area

I have a condition called ankylosing spondylitis which affects my back neck shoulders and knees which I'm on very strong medication and in Early February gone I was a passenger in a friends car when we stopped at a zebra crossing to let people cross a mini cab didn't stop and rammed us from behind the accident caused me to have back shoulder and neck pain. The insurance company sent us for a medical and the doctor said that the accident has definitely given me whiplash and has made my condition worse even my gp and my professor at rheumatology has said it's made my condition worse the insurance company has asked for my medical records. Will my condition affect my claim? (as in will the other insurance company argue that I already had health problems), my friends claim was settled about three weeks ago and recieved £2000 pounds for his whiplash

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jonathan I have the same problem with my neck also. The whiplash would have really exacerbated the pain I'm sure. The insurer could look at this from either of two ways, the one you have already commented on or, due to you pre existing condition, this has made recovery and pain much more complicated for you. If you can grit a GP or doctor on your side that will substantiate this fact you will stand a better chance of getting some justice. Problem today is so much fraud especially with regard to "set up" whiplash claims. Some insurers are becoming particularly hardened and unsympathetic in this area but if you get the right medical support you hopefully will come of financially more secure a good response. Hope the pain settles down as

No amount of cash will help with the pain.

• Posted

Hi Paul Yeh the medical expert they sent me to and my own gp and my rheumatologist  have all said and have put it in writing that it has definitely  made things worse so I guess that's a good thing and to be honest I don't care for the money because that won't take the pain away like you said 

The worse thing is i am 30 and have had my condition since I was 13 and have been on so many different medications and none have helped at all until last year I was put on new injections which changed my life and now since the accident it has made things so much more difficult and painful 

Yeh the false claims out there definitely makes things harder for the genuine case 

Thanks for replying Paul and hope your neck gets better soon 

Thanks again 

Jonathan-Luis

• Posted

Hi Jonathan how are you today? Probably from the time stamp you can see that I wrote my first reply in the early hours of the morning as I don't sleep well. 

Sometimes I don't explain myself well either, I think that the Fibro fog, I didn't mean to imply that you were after financial benefits!, sorry.

my ankolysing cervical Spondilitis started at about 20 yrs of age so you beat me there lol. I've had many meds since then and now even the morphine/Tramadol/Naproxen and Gabapentin don't really help. The next step is, as yourself, to have injections & a spinal epidural so I'm just waiting to hear when. 

I do hope they work for me as they did for you. Will you be getting another shot in the neck (sound good that,don't you think :-) then you will get some more relief. Can I ask how many times have you had injections in your neck? Do they hurt ? (I sound like a real woos don't i!). Hope to speak to you soon. Paul.

• Posted

Hi paul

I know you didn't mean that no worries (:0)

I haven't had the pleasure to have the injections in my neck or back yet but a friend of mine has and he said that it isn't too painful they can numb the area for you if you ask them 

The injections I am on are called enbrel etanercept 50mg myself in the thigh once a week and luckily they are good enough not to have the injections in my neck or back yet but I used to have them in my knees all the time and wasn't painful at all 

Hopefully Hopefully they will sort a drug that works for you long longterm 

Jonathan-Luis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.