Whirling/Spinning Sensation

Posted , 3 users are following.

I believe that this website is UK based. I stumbled upon it. I have been having strange whirling/chugging sensation going on for two years. I live in the Deep South in the US. I went to many MDs to rule out other non cardiac issues but realized it was coming from my chest area. Every test was completely normal.EKG, Sonagram, stress test. I told the MDs that something was wrong and was blown off. I saw my dads heart surgeon and he would not even run any other tests and sent me to a Dysautonomia clinic which took two minutes for the physician to rule out. I went in to a cardiologist here in a small beach town in Alabama and begged him to trust me that something was wrong. He ran a holter monitor for 24 hours mind you I had already done a 30 day monitor that showed nothing. The 24 hour monitor showed A Fib, skipped heartbeats, tachycardia and other arrhythmias. Finally I was proven right. I went back to the renowned cardiologist that originally blew me off and had an ablation. I have had no relief----still a constant whirling and chugging ---never , ever stopping--NEVER A BREAK. I am at my wits end and desperate. My life has been completley ruined. Has anyone ever been through this please. Please let me there from you---JDH, Alabama US---thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think only person who can help is a cardiologist , I have read from people that ablations not very successful . Have you been on beta blockers ? That UK site is quite helpful and has a lot of videos and I think the cardiologist said people could email him, maybe worth a shot . Very stressful and that makes it worse . Maybe you need another cardiologist to give an opinion or go to emergency ?
  • Posted

I am so sorry you are going through all this. I would say , come to Jacksonville Beach, Florida.to Mayo Clinic!! They could run every test in the world! I hope this helps. God bless!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.