White and cracking tongue

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello everyone, I've had a white tongue for about one an a half years now and so far the doctors have not found whats wrong with me, Im desperate because mt tongue keeps getting worse. Ive had a blood work and three hiv test and all negative, My tongue looks white (pale) and its like shredding at the tip. I stoped using mouth wash bc it makes it worse, I brush my teeh 5 times a day, I also use a tongue scraper and I drink over a gallon of water avery day bc one dr told me I needed to take more fluids. I drink only water. Pls if anyone know something pls help me , Im desperate I dont know what else to do. I would like to upload a pic but I cant find where to upload it. I appreciate all the answers. Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi George, I assume your mouth is very dry if you are drinking lots of water as you say. Do you have dry eyes too?? It just sounds a bit like Sicca Syndrome or Sjogren's syndrome to me. Your doc wouldn't necessarily test for that or even think of it. My sister was diagnosed with Sicca syndrome and she has similar issues to you. I would mention it.Ask for a referral to someone who deals with such disorders which would be an oral immunologist or a rheumatologist as first port of call. Good luck

• Posted

Thankyou very much for your answer, I dont have dry eyes at all but I will schedule an appointment with a rheumatologist. Thanks againg for your response I really appreciate it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.