white blood cells gone haywire

Posted , 2 users are following.

on 30mg mirtazipine and had swollen lymph glands, face swollen on right side, sore throat and earache. next came pain along jaw, was sent to out patients twice for observation, put on opiate tramadol, went to dentist after four days of intense pain and begged him to take a tooth out, he said nothing wrong with tooth and that judging by my appearance my immune system was shot to hell, i made him remove tooth and he showed me my healthy tooth afterwards. in total i must have seen at least 6 doctors told them all about my medication and not one of them picked up the link to mirtazapine, two weeks after i read the fine print and it states the drug has caused problems with a temporary loss of white blood cells . now my under arm lymph area is sore i hope it is nothing serious but i am worried. take care if you are on this drug.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i came of mirt about 6wks ago im now on citapram but 4wks ago i was dinosed with underactive thyroide now have to take thyroxine do u think their is a link
  • Posted

hi...re your underactive thyroid am not sure if there is a link, i also have underactive and am on thyroxine, that did not stop me having all those problems with low white blood cells. some of the american web sites also mention problems with mirtaz and i am surprised anyone on the planet is still being given these pills, having said that i am still on them because i feel reasonably human now, watch this space for whatever comes next!!!bye and all the best, a.
  • Posted

Interesting thread. I'm in my 8th week of abstinence from Mirt. Every day has started with sneezing fits and now I'm coming down with flu. There is no question in my mind now that mirt affects the immune system.
  • Posted

hello john, thanks for your info re flu symptoms. i am a diabetic and had my flu jab last week and for the first time i had a bad reaction, my arm was swollen with a vivid two inch red inflamed area, i also had trouble under my arms in the lymph area. i have never had problems before so like you i am convinced the white blood count is reduced and infections are more dominant. i spoke to my doctor and he said all flu jabs are different and my symptoms are not linked to the mirt. me not convinced!!!!this is why i like this web site because you can check first hand with us all on mirt if there are links to side effects, i hope the people that make the drug take the time to read what we are all saying!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.